Android phones - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Android phones

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #61
jb4
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
I can't wait until April. Going to be getting a GS3. I've played with a couple and they seem like alot of fun. I love my iPhone and all, but it's just getting a bit old.

What's the deal with group messaging on Android? I know my friends have had some problems with it and it doesn't work as smoothly as it does on an iPhone.
if youre waiting until april, get the GS4. its supposed to launch the first week of april after being announced the first week of feb

http://www.itechwhiz.com/2012/12/GS4...iew-Price.html

jb4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #62
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4 View Post
if youre waiting until april, get the GS4. its supposed to launch the first week of april after being announced the first week of feb

http://www.itechwhiz.com/2012/12/GS4...iew-Price.html
This. A LOT of quadcore, 1080p phones are going to be coming out this year. The DNA was just the start of it. HTC should be releasing the M7 (I think it's going the be like the Nexus 4 as far as being unlocked goes) which is going to be a big step up from the DNA. I hope samsung has updated the touchwiz UI, it's a decent UI but it feels kind of old (kind of like iOS).
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #63
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The exact reason I am waiting till spring. My last two phones were both battery whores, I'm done being tied to a power cord
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #64
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
The exact reason I am waiting till spring. My last two phones were both battery whores, I'm done being tied to a power cord
So far the battery on my DNA has been great. Its been off the charger for 10 hours and is at 36 percent and its been used heavily all day. I am REALLY surprised.

Sent from my DROID DNA using JeepForum
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #65
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That is very reassuring
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:04 AM   #66
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not too shabby. I was basically using my phone all day

Sent from my DROID DNA using JeepForum
forumrunner_20130115_020326.png  
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:26 AM   #67
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Having the HTC DNA I could never live with a lesser phone.

The screen is what makes the difference. Its amazing on so many levels.

Battery life does suck but I am on my phone all day. I charge it everynight and its good to go again, so who really cares if it doesnt last 2 days with out a charge. Do it everynight and its done
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #68
will228
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Droid Razor HD
will228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #69
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Having the HTC DNA I could never live with a lesser phone.

The screen is what makes the difference. Its amazing on so many levels.

Battery life does suck but I am on my phone all day. I charge it everynight and its good to go again, so who really cares if it doesnt last 2 days with out a charge. Do it everynight and its done
Battery isn't that bad. It's a lot better than I was expecting it to be. The phone really is THAT good. On xda-developers.com there's a thread going on where people are posting up what bugs they are having with it. HTC is actually keeping up with the thread via the OP which is really nice to hear.

Definitely glad I didn't go with the . Thinking about picking up the wireless charging stand for it. havent found a case for it that I like yet.
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #70
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I was going to get an otter case but honestly the more I use the phone the less I want it in a case. It fits in my hand and works perfect as is. I think I dont want any more bulk on it and nothing covering the screen. I am just going to get a slip in leather case for when its rattle around somewhere loose.

Only problem is I work with metal and grinding dust and shavings love to get into my speakers. I am just not going to keep it in my pocket when working and hope to avoid this. a good full case would prevent it but like I said I dont want a case. I am usually very rough on phones too but I am extra careful with this one I like it so much
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:39 AM   #71
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
I was going to get an otter case but honestly the more I use the phone the less I want it in a case. It fits in my hand and works perfect as is. I think I dont want any more bulk on it and nothing covering the screen. I am just going to get a slip in leather case for when its rattle around somewhere loose.

Only problem is I work with metal and grinding dust and shavings love to get into my speakers. I am just not going to keep it in my pocket when working and hope to avoid this. a good full case would prevent it but like I said I dont want a case. I am usually very rough on phones too but I am extra careful with this one I like it so much

Well whatever you get, make sure it's not one that's really tight around the sides/edges of the screen. I've seen pictures of the DNA that's had a case like that and it's created a blue spot near the bottom of the screen.
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #72
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bringing this back up. Who all has rooted/rommed their phones? Screenshots would be sick too. Im currently running a supercharged sense rom that optimizes sense for a lag free, smooth UI. Helps battery life too.
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #73
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Bringing this back up. Who all has rooted/rommed their phones? Screenshots would be sick too. Im currently running a supercharged sense rom that optimizes sense for a lag free, smooth UI. Helps battery life too.
i rooted my droid x when i had it, havent messed with my razar maxHD yet, dont really wanna **** it up quite yet. im not good enough to where i can really figure it out if i mess it up too bad. im great on computers but the phone intimidates me
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #74
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post

i rooted my droid x when i had it, havent messed with my razar maxHD yet, dont really wanna **** it up quite yet. im not good enough to where i can really figure it out if i mess it up too bad. im great on computers but the phone intimidates me
I hear ya. Its been about 2 years since I had my droid2 and I had that rooted and rommed as well. I was a bit rusty and nervous when doing my DNA. Its not like my old iphone where you cant brick it.
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #75
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've got my Razr Maxx rooted, running on the Jellybean OTA leak. Mostly rooted just to use Titanium Backup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.