Android phones - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Android phones

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #31
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
I think I like it better than the touchwiz that comes with the S3, not entirely sure. Always liked the sense layout better. But the touchwiz UI does make for a lot of nice customization out of the box with the S3 which is nice.
Touchwiz is SO AWESOME!!!! jellybean on top of touchwiz= pure awesomeness!
I don't hate the way Sense operates, just the way it looks. Touchwiz seems to be my favorite of all UI's ive messed with. Don't get me wrong, I would get on that DNA in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the S3....there is just something about the S3 though.....

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #32
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88

Touchwiz is SO AWESOME!!!! jellybean on top of touchwiz= pure awesomeness!
I don't hate the way Sense operates, just the way it looks. Touchwiz seems to be my favorite of all UI's ive messed with. Don't get me wrong, I would get on that DNA in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the S3....there is just something about the S3 though.....
Yeah its nice for sure. I feel like the DNA may be easier to root though which i plan on doing.

Posted from my ObamaPhone

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #33
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

Had a Motorola droid x for 2 yrs prior no issues....plus got phone for free at best buy (special deal they were running) were as the DNA would of been $199
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #34
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport

Yeah its nice for sure. I feel like the DNA may be easier to root though which i plan on doing.

Posted from my ObamaPhone
So the DNA has no removable battery and no expandable memory? It sounds like you really like the DNA though. I would go look at both phones and just choose the first one that really calls your name.
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #35
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post

So the DNA has no removable battery and no expandable memory? It sounds like you really like the DNA though. I would go look at both phones and just choose the first one that really calls your name.
Why would you need a removable battery and expandable memory?

A reason I love HTC is they are easier to root. And if you've never rooted a phone, you've never used your phone to its full capacity
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #36
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

I like the DNA, but a 5" screen on an everyday phone is just crazy to me. I have pretty generous sized hands, and I HATE the screen size of the s3 and the DNA. 3.5" - 4" screens for me.

Otherwise, the DNA is pretty sweet TBH. They were stupid to put the lock/power button on the top though.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #37
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post

Otherwise, the DNA is pretty sweet TBH. They were stupid to put the lock/power button on the top though.
yeah that's one of my only gripes with it, and it's kind of flush to the body of the phone so it can be harder to press, but oh well.

I'm going to the verizon store later today to mess with em some more, but not till like 4 or 5 because I'm still drunk from last night

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #38
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed

Why would you need a removable battery and expandable memory?

A reason I love HTC is they are easier to root. And if you've never rooted a phone, you've never used your phone to its full capacity
Uh well, larger battery, being able to swap batteries if the old one craps out. Having more memory for apps,games,movies,etc. what's the point of having a quad core processor if all you do is text and make phone calls. This phone also has beats audio, so having lots of music would be nice.
Unread 01-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #39
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I am fond of my original Galaxy Note. I love everything about it, except the Snapdragon S3 sometimes causes some lag and stuttering. Getting a Note 2 when my upgrade is due or a Nexus. (Provided an LTE Nexus is available then).
Unread 01-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #40
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Uh well, larger battery, being able to swap batteries if the old one craps out. Having more memory for apps,games,movies,etc. what's the point of having a quad core processor if all you do is text and make phone calls. This phone also has beats audio, so having lots of music would be nice.
Eh, just gives you an excuse to get a whole new phone if something else goes bad, you can just say the battery is bad on it and they'll give you a new one Done it with my iPhone a few times.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #41
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The battery thing I could see, but still not really needed in my mind. I'm rocking the thunderbolt, and have been since it released. Quite possibly the worst battery life of any phone ever. Luckily I am always near a power source, Hehehe.

For data storage, I can't see it. Who keeps music and media on their phone these days. With a 4g phone, why wouldn't you stream media? I use pandora and have a subsonic server with over 2000 movies. Oh, and netflix.
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #42
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
The battery thing I could see, but still not really needed in my mind. I'm rocking the thunderbolt, and have been since it released. Quite possibly the worst battery life of any phone ever. Luckily I am always near a power source, Hehehe.

For data storage, I can't see it. Who keeps music and media on their phone these days. With a 4g phone, why wouldn't you stream media? I use pandora and have a subsonic server with over 2000 movies. Oh, and netflix.
Yup, I only keep like 500 songs on my iPhone and that only took up 6 gigs of space WITH apps that I have downloaded. I use pandora for everything else.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 01-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #43
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed

Well the battery thing alone would be reason enough for me. When I went to New York last year I bought 3 extra batteries for when I was out roaming the streets using google maps and the subway app to not miss the train I needed to get on. If I didn't have a removable battery, I would have been lost.
And yes a lot of people are putting a lot more stuff on their phones these days due to people ditching laptops and pc's. I mean some games are 1gb or bigger.
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #44
25greenwrangler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Avoid the DROID razor they are more problems than they are worth. Battery issues and data speed the worst of them. Weve ben getting replacements every month since august. Since the replacement are free think l be getting replacements until i can change to a different model
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #45
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25greenwrangler View Post
Avoid the DROID razor they are more problems than they are worth. Battery issues and data speed the worst of them. Weve ben getting replacements every month since august. Since the replacement are free think l be getting replacements until i can change to a different model
Yup, Droid RZR is garbage. My bud had his battery explode on him. He went through 3 of them then Verizon switched him to the Galaxy S2 and he hasn't had any problems since.

Quote:
-Zach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.