Americas 2011 - Open Invitation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Americas 2011 - Open Invitation

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 10-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Vizoo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Americas 2011 - Open Invitation

So I will finally do my dream trip. My son and me will endure this expedition across the three americas next year.

I have post a thread asking for advice/opinions, the link is here.

We will departure from Miami in June 2011 and this post is to show you guys our route and details and to make an open invitation to everyone willing to be part of it in some way...
If you want to meet us on the way;
If you want to come along part of the way;
If you want take us along with your buddies for a local ride;
If you want to give us shelter
Just send us an email and we will be in touch! You have plenty of time to find a good excuse to join us :-)

Expedition Main Page

Renato Costanzo
americas2011@yahoo.com

Vizoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

don't forget to send a postcard...

seriously tho instead of going down the west side of baja del norte consider the dirt rd between san felipe and bahia gonzaga on the sea of cortez. its suppopsed to be one of the longest with ocean view in the world....stay a few days in Puertocitos where there are hot springs in the surf carved into lavastone cliffs(serious contrast to alaska)....nothing like being in a hot ocean bath with tropical fish...hint bring eggs from san felipe to trade for seafood with the local fishermen...fyi since your into aerial stuff when i was there in winter MOST people flew into bahia gonzaga in cesnas ect there is an airstrip on the beach wiht palapas for rent and avfuel I belive (in fact we waited for three days for gas while there were small planes flying in and out) just a few off road types, germans on bikes(really), and a vw bus or two....status changes fast dowbn there as far as what is available but your obvioulsy readying for contingencies, check out puertocitos, then gonzaga then cross back over to the hwy before enterring baja del sur

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Vizoo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
don't forget to send a postcard...

seriously tho instead of going down the west side of baja del norte consider the dirt rd between san felipe and bahia gonzaga on the sea of cortez.
Now that's the kind of reply that makes me happy!! Tip noted. The route on the map is not definitive yet (and will never be). Thanks!
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
-Zona-

You need to PM Grec.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
Vizoo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zona- View Post
You need to PM Grec.
?
Unread 11-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
-Zona-

He did the 55,000km trek from Alaska to Chile.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
Vizoo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zona- View Post
He did the 55,000km trek from Alaska to Chile.
Oh, you mean Dan Grec? I've been in contact with hiom by email. Thanks.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.