American Top gear...... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > American Top gear......

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #61
GMad
2001 WJ 

Some say, that here in the UK if we like something American, we simply import it and that when America tries to copy something, from another part of the world, they always cock it up!
All I know, is that I'm glad I come from the land that invented engineering!
I'm biased because I am an engineer and I have a huge interest in anything that has an internal combustion engine. Not all Americans get the dry British humour and so it's probably a good thing that you have your own Top Gear.
Maybe they should have given it a different name, maybe they should have different presenters and maybe you should all give it a chance to improve.
All I know, is that I just can't bring myself to sit through a whole episode of that tedious American cock up of a show!

GMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #62
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

the only episode that i liked on the american show was when they went to alaska with older trucks, but the presenters weren't worth watching. i only watched to see the ford break down first, then see who did next. if you've seen this episode, you will understand this comment, who buys a truck and doesn't look under the hood to verify gas or diesel before goin on camera to say its diesel?
Nick05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #63
aaron580
2006 LJ Wrangler 

These guys are absolute morons.
aaron580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #64
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

The Australian Top Gear made me puke too. Just rubbish.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #65
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMad View Post
Some say, that here in the UK if we like something American, we simply import it and that when America tries to copy something, from another part of the world, they always cock it up!
All I know, is that I'm glad I come from the land that invented engineering!
I'm biased because I am an engineer and I have a huge interest in anything that has an internal combustion engine. Not all Americans get the dry British humour and so it's probably a good thing that you have your own Top Gear.
Maybe they should have given it a different name, maybe they should have different presenters and maybe you should all give it a chance to improve.
All I know, is that I just can't bring myself to sit through a whole episode of that tedious American cock up of a show!
Well there's also Top Gear Korea, Russia and Australia which are all arguably far worse. The problem in recreating a decade-plus old series is that it's tough to come up with original content (e.g. challenges) for it, and it doesn't help that none of them really have as media-heavy backgrounds as the UK crew. Rutledge and Tanner are okay, but Adam is annoying as hell and clearly the most out of his element. Another huge factor is advertisers -- the UK can get away with bashing on anything and everything. How many times has Clarkson said something racist and yet he's still getting huge paychecks? Over here, no one would get a second chance like that and my god have mercy on your soul if you whisper a breath of negativity about Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

I dunno, I think we copied The Office, Whose Line? and House of Cards pretty well.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #66
GMad
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Well there's also Top Gear Korea, Russia and Australia which are all arguably far worse. The problem in recreating a decade-plus old series is that it's tough to come up with original content (e.g. challenges) for it, and it doesn't help that none of them really have as media-heavy backgrounds as the UK crew. Rutledge and Tanner are okay, but Adam is annoying as hell and clearly the most out of his element. Another huge factor is advertisers -- the UK can get away with bashing on anything and everything. How many times has Clarkson said something racist and yet he's still getting huge paychecks? Over here, no one would get a second chance like that and my god have mercy on your soul if you whisper a breath of negativity about Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

I dunno, I think we copied The Office, Whose Line? and House of Cards pretty well.
Yeah I'm sure you're right, although I can't really comment as I've only seen British Top Gear and American Top Gear!
I'll get my arse onto youtube and report back
GMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #67
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo
The Australian Top Gear made me puke too. Just rubbish.
I don't mind the Australian one. Better than the American one.

Korean too gear is better than the American one and I have no idea what the hell they're saying.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #68
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
American top gear sucks.
Yes, it most certainly does. The three hosts have no chemistry and they're all obnoxious; especially the skinny runt drifter guy.

I tried giving the show a 2nd chance and couldn't take more than 15 minutes ... blows.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #69
bobjp

You know it's bad when they don't care if you upload it to youtube unlike the UK version. It's still entertaining, they just should have just picked better hosts.

I do find it amusing that the British guy above is commenting on American quality. You know Jeremy Clarkson does it in the name of irony. It's not actually reasonable for a British person to make blanket statements about quality especially with regards to cars. And leave it to a British dude to think they invented engineering. You're almost as conceited as the Germans.
Unread 08-20-2014, 12:32 AM   #70
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp
You know it's bad when they don't care if you upload it to youtube unlike the UK version.
The UK version has tons of unlicensed music that's changed for US broadcast before it can even air here.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #71
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
You know it's bad when they don't care if you upload it to youtube unlike the UK version. It's still entertaining, they just should have just picked better hosts.

I do find it amusing that the British guy above is commenting on American quality. You know Jeremy Clarkson does it in the name of irony. It's not actually reasonable for a British person to make blanket statements about quality especially with regards to cars. And leave it to a British dude to think they invented engineering. You're almost as conceited as the Germans.
Thank you for saying this.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.