American Top gear...... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > American Top gear......

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #31
TJLover99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I say that the biggest problem with this show is the hosts. They lack chemistry. I know everyone says "just give them time" but IMO Adam Ferrara needs to go. He is not funny and the best thing he did on the show was jump that caddy. Not to say that Tanner or Rutledge are any better. My other problem with the show is the idiot celebrities they have on. Buzz was cool, but the other people I never heard of. Just my two cents.

Unread 12-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #32
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Hell put Ken block as a host and it would be a hell of a lot better. They have the personality of Jello. I watched my first episode last night with the EVO and I love that car but the way the presented it, bored me. Oh well. Lets see if they shake it up
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #33
TheStigX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I like Tanner Foust but that's it.

As the official Stig of the forums...US Top Gear is a fail.

The one we love and cherish starts December 21st, another episode at December 26th.....and another one doesn't air until mid January.
Unread 12-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #34
corndogduff

Tanner Foust is an asshat.

Rutledge and Adam have a chemistry together, Tanner just shows his snobbiness.
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #35
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just watched real top gear again last night, the south America special and it was so good and funny, so much better. The American episodes don't seem to be getting much better yet
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #36
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

After catching up on the last few episodes, I think I figured it out. All of the UK hosts have backgrounds in radio, so they have their tone and cadence down when doing presentation. It sounds natural, organic and unforced. Couple that with British accents and it's no contest. Just look at the Life and Planet Earth documentaries. David Attenborough put Sigourney Weaver and Oprah to shame. You could listen to that guy read a phone book and it'd be absolutely captivating. We simply don't have any experienced broadcasting journalists over here with sufficient enough auto backgrounds that could host the show. The best we can do for now are low-list actors.

Everything else about the format is fine and will only get better. I was especially surprised with the camera work and cinematography.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #37
Indy

BBC Top Gear = mythbusters. American Top Gear = smash lab. Both are same basic premise, 1 is a good show and worth watching. The other, not so much. Hopefully it gets better, and it would probably be an ok if it was named something else. But it's got a heck of a rep to live up to.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2010, 06:32 AM   #38
0sevenjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

You people are ridiculous. How many episodes has it been? 3-4? It takes a little while to improve.

I think it sucks too.
0sevenjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #39
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've seen all the episodes and really enjoy them individually without comparing to the British version. this is like comparing The Office American and British versions, does not compare. i also believe the American top gear guys could use a season or 2 to look more natural and comfortable in front of the camera. a lot of it seems very scripted as opposed to the British episodes ive seen.
Unread 12-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #40
xWhite420wIDOWx
1967 CJ5 

It's an alright show they just need to take out at least a little of the boring bs...
xWhite420wIDOWx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #41
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Right now they need the boring BS, otherwise american viewers who don't follow the UK version will be wondering why the hell they're watching a show that has more to do with a bunch of guys cocking about instead of reviewing cars.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #42
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so far i think US Top Gear is pretty good. I have only seen a few episodes of British Top Gear so i feel my comparison is fair. US top gear has some cool cars and cool stunts. They look a little uncomfortable in front of the camera, but seem to be getting better. The British one is great, but they have season under their belt. I think both are good, and its better then watching anything else on TV.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #43
Caelum
2003 WJ 

the moonshine scene was the best so far lol
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #44
Checo18
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Have you guys just noticed how much they try to imitate the British host though. This is one of the most annoying things to me about the show.
()_)[COLOR="red"]-[/COLOR]()_)--o-)_)

2.5L, 4" RE lift, 1" booms on the front, Revolvers on the back, 1" B.L., Aussie in the 35, 31" Trxus tires, Gen-rite rocker guards, BTF tube fenders, Pro Comp bumpers, KC lights, Hi-lift and a whole lot of love.
Checo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #45
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

WTF did Rutledge buy that damn Buick Roadmaster wagon for? What an idiot.
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.