american diet - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > american diet

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #16
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachbh View Post
I agree. But hey, it's not their fault... the food is absolutely delicious.
i was thinking more of the younger guys who are super skinny. they look anorexic

we called some of them mommas ***** boys cuz their mothers would do everything for them. it was pretty odd

AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #17
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovesj2 View Post
I think its more about quantity of intake rather than the actual foods you eat. Try this experiment sometime: Tell some complete stranger (gas station attendant or something like that) you are from out of town and are looking for a good restaurant. In my experience, most of the time the person asked will tell you how good the restaurant is because of the size of the portions, the actual quality of the food seems to be irrelevant.
Absolutely.
Every fast food place has biggie size this and super size that. I saw something on TV that compared a McDonalds fries and drinks from the 60's to what's served today. Today's are something like 5 times the size.
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #18
tripleplay103
2006 LJ Wrangler 

while we can blame fast food for the biggie size and super sized food it still comes back on the people to choose what they eat. Nobody forces them to eat it, although some people should eat the biggie sized food
tripleplay103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #19
sparkchaser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitapimp View Post
Processed food.

/thread
Certainly a big contributor.
"Sandstorms inflict damage of about $540 million per year, and losses of crops and forests due to acid rain amount to about $730 million per year. More serious are the $6 billion costs of the "green wall" of trees being built to shield Beijing against sand and dust, and the $7 billion per year of losses created by pest species. We enter the zone of impressive numbers when we consider the onetime cost of the 1996 floods ($27 billion, but still cheaper than the 1998 floods), the annual direct losses due to desertification ($42 billion), and the annual losses due to water and air pollution ($54 billion). The combination of the latter two items alone costs China the equivalent of 14% of its GDP each year." - Jared Diamond, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #20
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleplay103 View Post
while we can blame fast food for the biggie size and super sized food it still comes back on the people to choose what they eat. Nobody forces them to eat it, although some people should eat the biggie sized food
Just like meth-heads.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #21
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceparn View Post
A guy I work with swears it's high fructose corn syrup. We don't use real sugar anymore. He says the weight epidemic coincides with everyone replacing sugar with high fructose corn syrup. I think the fact that we are sitting in front of computers and TV's more can't be good either......
my friend's mom is a hard-fast believer in the HFCS thing, and I do enjoy the sodas made with sugar rather than HFCS.

on the comps and TVs:

but, but... JF is a necessary vitamin in my daily regimen!
______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]

_.(o)_)__(o)_)-o-)_)
Tarukai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #22
Pvt_Joker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Stress is probably another contributor, we worry about **** the other countries don't think about.
Pvt_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #23
battelax
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Even though diet is important I can not beleive the people who eat " healthy" but don't get any excercise. Suburbia aids to this in the fact that you need a car to get everywhere!

My GF lives around the corner from a local convienence store and my friends think it is just crazy to walk a 1/4 mile down the road to get there. We have become so dependent on vehicles that even walking becomes a chore. Americans need more fitness!
battelax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #24
KHoff90

Quote:
Originally Posted by battelax View Post
We have become so dependent on vehicles that even walking becomes a chore. Americans need more fitness!
I agree - It's just laziness

PSN: KHoff128
KHoff90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #25
vitapimp
Owner of REPOST™

1998 TJ Wrangler 

In the line of business I am in (nutrition), i just found out that the Asia market of our company is going to soon beat the US market in sales.

The reason is because other countries care more about their health than they do their money. The will invest money in quality food and products while Americans nickel and dime off the dollar menu for everything.

People cry about healthcare and blame the government but the only people they should be blaming is themselves. Quit drinking, quit smoking, quit eating crap. Start making healthy lifestyle choices and care about your health more than your money. I mean really, if you lose your health you lose everything.
<>< Member #35
Red Jeep Club Member #337

What you are is God's gift to you...
What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
Make a change. Be different.
vitapimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #26
bradthebard
the faux feather finish

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitapimp View Post
Quit drinking, quit smoking,
...wait just a minute buddy. You've just crossed the line.

"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens
tales from the bard side
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
bradthebard is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #27
jerseyjeep22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We have more jeeps than any other country. definitly a contributor.
jerseyjeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #28
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

smoking, a whole other subject. i just dont get it. a lot of my family members smoke(mostly the women) amd they watched the grand parents die from it and even after part of your tounge removed from cancer they light up a cig.!!!

wtf
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #29
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
smoking, a whole other subject. i just dont get it. a lot of my family members smoke(mostly the women) amd they watched the grand parents die from it and even after part of your tounge removed from cancer they light up a cig.!!!

wtf
But it's so hard to quit

And besides it's their brief point of happiness in an otherwise hopeless day, give it to them :sarcasm:

I'll never get people who have seen the pictures, and the people affected. And say stuff like "Time to go light a cancer stick" then get a benefit thrown for them when they come down with massive heart failure, hair cancer and a throat transplant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
sitdwnandhngon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.