Almost True Stories - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Almost True Stories

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Almost True Stories

Being a cubmaster I'm always looking for good stories to tell at campfires. I especially love stories that sound believable and keep the audience gripped right up to the end. So if you have one please share it.
Here is one of my favorites:

I remember the first funeral I went to as a kid. My great uncle had passed away up in Colorado. He was inconsiderate enough to pass away during one of the worst winters in recent memory. The town had just gone through an ice storm and, as luck would have it, the cemetery was up on a hill just south of town. The hearse tried for thirty minutes to get up the hill, with men behind pushing and slipping, but to no avail. So they found the largest men they could, pulled the casket out and began to carry it up the hill. Well, one fellow slipped and went to his knee and as you can guess a domino effect followed. All the men lost their balance and seemingly released the casket at the same time. The box hit the ground with a loud thud as the men lay on the ground stunned.
The casket began to slowly move and one man grabbed hold, but it was too late. It quickly picked up momentum and the man had to let go for his own sake.
As the casket picked up speed it rushed through the congregation. Folks were yelling and screaming as they jumped out of the way. It banged off the side of cars parked along the path like a pin ball. The grim toboggan kept on going, ever picking up speed. It made it to the bottom of the hill and started to cross a street when a car hit it just enough to turn it and send it right down Main Street. Chaos ensued! Mother screaming, babies crying, cars crashing into each other trying to get out of the way.
Then the casket got to the end of the street, hopped the curb and went sailing through the window of the Walgreens. It slid down the main isle and slammed into the pharmacist counter. The lid flung open, my uncle sat up, looked right at the pharmacist and said, "Hey! You got anything to stop this darn cough'n?"

Your turn.

"When you honestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do". www.despair.com
|_
|T|
Fett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
PDX_XJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This actually happened. You could easily change the ending though:

When I taught kindergarten, I had a few unruly students. I'm all for fun and games in the classroom, but some days the focus needs to be on the material. So, I told Daniel that if he acted out again, I was going to tickle him until he died.

Now, when you are in kindergarten, that's a serious threat. Even at a young age, kids are terrified of death. Plus, every youngster has probably been tickled to a point where they couldn't stand it anymore. But tickled to death? Was that even possible?

Sure enough, Daniel stopped acting up and sat still. He was well behaved, right up until it was time for library. The kids were lined up, their old books were in hand, and we were marching down the hall when giggling and running started.

In a serious tone, I asked. "What did I say would happen if you were bad?"

He stopped. Blank stare. "Umm..."

"That you were going to get tickled until you died, right?" Uh oh. There was an immediate look of horror on his face.

He shrieked, and tried to run, but I grabbed him and flipped him upside-down. I tickled his stomach as he thrashed and kicked and dropped his books. All of the other students were laughing and Daniel was gasping for air, when suddenly one of the girls started screaming. Of course, this made everyone else scream, too, so I stopped and looked.

Blood.

Down his face.

A lot of it.

Daniel had got a nosebleed.

Suddenly, I got very serious.

"This is a warning. You'd better be good the rest of the day, or next time I'm not going to stop."

Stunned silence from everybody.

"Let's get you cleaned up."

From that day, my whole class knew that death was a serious possibility from too much tickling. I can't imagine what those kids told their parents that night, but I can tell you that their behavior markedly improved.
Unread 08-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
IAJack

While on holiday in Kenya and walking through the bush a man comes across an elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seems distressed so the man approaches very carefully. He gets down on one knee and inspects the bottom of the elephant's foot only to find a large thorn deeply embedded. As carefully and as gently as he can he removes the thorn and the elephant gingerly puts its foot down. The elephant turns to face the man and with a rather stern look on its face, stares at him. For a good ten minutes the man stands frozen - thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant turns and walks away.

For years after, the man often remembers and ponders the events of that day. Years later the man is walking through the zoo with his son. As they approach the elephant enclosure, one of the elephants turns and walks over to where they are standing at the rail. It stares at him and the man can't help wondering if this is the same elephant. The man climbs tentatively over the railing and makes his way into the enclosure. He walks right up to the elephant and stares back in wonder. Suddenly the elephant wraps its trunk around one of the man's legs and swings him wildly back and forth along the railing, instantly killing him.

Probably not the same elephant then.
Unread 08-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

PDX.... surely that was a while back, cause I think in today's world, you'd be getting a new kid in class that looked a lot like an undercover cop...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
PDX_XJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It was in Korea. Totally different educational environment.
Unread 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

You gave a small helpless korean child a nosebleed from excessive physical contact?!?!?! You monster!!!

BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.