Allstate insurance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Allstate insurance

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Allstate insurance

Anyone have Allstate for the auto insurance? What do you think of it? I got a pretty good quote for both my jeeps, and I am thinking of getting off my parents insurance. Any help is good!

bigbike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
semikrazy
1976 CJ5 

I was with Country Companies till a Suburban ran a red light and I hit her. She had Alstate and they were great to deal with. Country would not do crap to fix my truck but Alstate gave me a rental and had my truck towed to the shop to get fixed. I switched to Alstate right then and never looked back. Years later the truck had an electrical fire and was totaled. Alstate had me a check within a week. Then I let my niece drive my saturn and she lost control on a gravel road and wrecked. Alstate fixed it right up with accident forgiveness and did not charge me a cent. So I had to use Allstate 3 times and been pleased all three times.
semikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
kiksroks
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by semikrazy View Post
I was with Country Companies till a Suburban ran a red light and I hit her. She had Alstate and they were great to deal with. Country would not do crap to fix my truck but Alstate gave me a rental and had my truck towed to the shop to get fixed. I switched to Alstate right then and never looked back. Years later the truck had an electrical fire and was totaled. Alstate had me a check within a week. Then I let my niece drive my saturn and she lost control on a gravel road and wrecked. Alstate fixed it right up with accident forgiveness and did not charge me a cent. So I had to use Allstate 3 times and been pleased all three times.
I've had Allstate for years and have been happy with them every time I've had to make a claim.

Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome! They gave me a quote for both my XJs for 116 a month, which s an awesome price for being 20 years old and having a ticket or two.
bigbike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm under my dad with allstate, and have been in two accidents (technically), one very minor (left a mark on the guys bumper, and that's it), and one bigger (totaled the mercury, despite it still running and driving), but my rate didn't go up much.

also, they're great to deal with, and they have awesome coverage.

guess who I'm going to go with when I get off my dad's insurance?
______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]

_.(o)_)__(o)_)-o-)_)
Tarukai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I had allstate, they are criminals.

1965 for a car woth less than that for a year, clean driving record.
I switched cars and it went down to 1450. after the year ended, they sent me a new quote of 1465.

my rates went up for being a safe driver, that was liability ONLY.

I switched to another company who will remain nameless, and i pay less than 500 for 6 months, and in newyork, thats killling it

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #7
Castr8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've had bad luck with CC and with Allstate. In fact, there are several body shops around here that won't work on a car insured by either one. I've heard good and bad about nearly every ins. co., but these two are consistently among the poorest.
Castr8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #8
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Allstate like to up my rates every 6 months, and would would say one thing, but do another. They also would give me the run around when I had questions about why my policy was going up.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:18 AM   #9
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've Allstate since April and they have treated me well. My rates are pretty good for having 2 tickets in the last 3 years and just buying a new car. I also just turned 25 and a ticket knocked off my record (was 3 now 2). My rate dropped a little under a $100 bucks per 6 months. I have an '09 Civic and my jeep under them. Full coverage on the honda and liability on the jeep. It's about $748 per 6 months. I also have rentors insurance which is about $11 a month.

Plus I like their commercials.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbike View Post
Anyone have Allstate for the auto insurance? What do you think of it? I got a pretty good quote for both my jeeps, and I am thinking of getting off my parents insurance. Any help is good!
I had Allstate for auto insurance - but they keep calling me trying to sell me more insurance. I finally told them if they called me one more time, I was going to drop my auto insurance with them. They called me again, and I dropped my insurance with them. Now I have state farm.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #11
kiksroks
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have had at least 3 claims and my rates continue to go down. I have full coverage on the jeep and liability on another vehicle for 77 and change/month.

The first some asshat ran a stop sign and I hit another stop sign. The guy stopped and i got his info. Later he denied being involved but it didn't matter. The fact that i had his info was enough proof. The car was fixed immediately and a rental provided despite the difficulty.

The second I got rear ended and my old truck got totaled. The other driver was unable to leave the scene. She didn't even have insurance but my uninsured motorist coverage kicked in and within a week I had a check in hand for about 3 times what I had paid for the truck after buying the truck back from them!

The third my wife rearended some lady and really just marked up her bumper. They took care of it with no rate increase.

I do have a problem with their homeowners insurance. They won't cover me because of my dog. 9 year old boxer is uninsurable i guess...

Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #12
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

I had Allstate when I got my first truck. They treated me well but I switched to StateFarm because they had lower motorcycle insurance. If it was not for that I would still be there.
Slenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #13
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bandit View Post
I had allstate, they are criminals.

1965 for a car woth less than that for a year, clean driving record.
I switched cars and it went down to 1450. after the year ended, they sent me a new quote of 1465.

my rates went up for being a safe driver, that was liability ONLY.

I switched to another company who will remain nameless, and i pay less than 500 for 6 months, and in newyork, thats killling it
Some areas of New York are not Allstate's favorite areas. Also it depends on who your prior insurance is with. They maintain a list of "non standard" companies, which affect your rate if you come from one of those companies.
Years Prior also play a major part.
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #14
rentalguy1

I was with Allstate for 15 years, and I still have my boat insured with them. It was hard to switch insurance companies, because they had been so good to me, and I had dealt with the same people for so long. In the end, though, I had to realize it was my money, and the better deal was with Farm Bureau. I would not hesitate to go back to Allstate if they had the better rate, though.
rentalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.