all you RC guys out there... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > all you RC guys out there...

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-21-2006, 12:49 AM   #1
johnWJ

2014 JK Wrangler 

all you RC guys out there...

Just got back from walmart where they have been trying to get the rock crawler wheels off the shelf. The 4 pack that sells for like $19.97. Well they had three left and they were $1.00. yeah thats right $1.00.

So I picked up two extra sets. if you need some wheels, get to your walmart and check the clearance shelf...might find a good deal out there.

Unread 03-21-2006, 02:25 AM   #2
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i got a set three days ago and my Nylint POS prmptly bought the farm. I'm done with that dumb thing. I went and got me a real RC today, so did my roomate. a Pair of Traxxas E-Maxx's. mine has the wrangler body on it. these things are WAYbetter than that POS Nylint ever was

Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2006, 02:45 AM   #3
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

I have a tmaxx...along with over 200 other cars, onroad and off, gas and electric AND evidence if needed.
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2006, 03:23 AM   #4
toplessjeep

My first really nice R/C was a truck Kyosho I think. It was fun. I got into boats though. I love'm. I got a hydrofoil from this company that I cannot remember the name. They were a research company. They would build their ideas in the form of R/C boats and hovercraft to pay for the research they did. The hovercrafts where very sweet, never got one though. I got the last freakin hydrofoil from them. They said it wasn't selling well and they stopped production. So I figured I was outta luck. They called me back and told me that they had enough of the unique pieces that they could sell me at a discount, and I would just have to come up with all the generic parts, i.e. motor, screws and misc hardware. They ended up sending me a motor anyways and two sets of stickers. Because this is the last of its kind I am going to build it and apply the stickers as it was intended. Its that freakin white ABS plastic. I tried so hard to protect that stuff from the sun until I could build the thing and coat it with a UV protectant. Stupid roomates cat got into the box and pulled parts of it out and it got faded in sections. So now I gotta paint the whole thing white then apply stickers then coat. I will get it done one of these days. I am taking my time because there is no replacment for this boat.
toplessjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #5
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

1.00 !!!!!!!!!!! im goin after work today. my nylint is in need of some bigger tires. i also have revo which is awesome, but i break it alot, like every time i take it out.
Unread 03-21-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
Twsty
1988 MJ Comanche 

I have an E-Maxx, and a few others. Ive put sooo much money into that E-Maxx...its worth more then both of my jeeps....COMBINED!! the diffs alone cost me $260, and the shocks were $120...boy was i stupid when i spent all that money.
Twsty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
jpwheelin07

Ive got a Revo! And I love it. The s/o got it for me for v-day. Its fast and fun. but a little pricey
jpwheelin07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
175MM BULLDOG

Not to hijak, but has anyone tried a site like this? http://www.horshamrcracing.com/ ?
I would post the link as an attachment, but My firewall is killing it.
Unread 03-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
mud chicken
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I used them tires when I built my custom crawler. I think they were like 20.00.

check the for sale section Im selling this and my T-Maxx

Yellow Jeep Club Member 007
mud chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #10
175MM BULLDOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud chicken
I used them tires when I built my custom crawler. I think they were like 20.00.

check the for sale section Im selling this and my T-Maxx
I hear ya! But , believe it or not, the markup on those type of items is minimal!!! Those parts are unique. You must admit that the detail, and quality are there. "Ya gotsta pay, if ya wants ta play!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.