Alaska Off Road Warriors on The History Channel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Alaska Off Road Warriors on The History Channel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Alaska Off Road Warriors on The History Channel

Anyone watching?

montero1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
hbrink123

I am! It's a great show
hbrink123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #3
jquise2423

Seatbelts
jquise2423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #4
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The only ones wheeling with their heads is the brother sister team. Everyone else is headed for carnage.
Unread 12-08-2014, 05:18 AM   #5
JLH
2015 JK Wrangler 

This show is a disgrace to the OHV community. It is behavior like this that gets our public land and parks closed. This show is fake and a bunch of scripted BS. Everyone here at JF should be upset at how the OHV community is being portrayed as destructive A-holes that will trash anything that gets in their path. The general public doesn't understand that this is not how we behave on the trails. I will be boycotting this show and any of its sponsors. We have worked too damn hard to repair image to have it destroyed so some cable channel can try to get some ratings boost. Absolutely disgusting.
Unread 12-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #6
hbrink123

I think it's funny because all of them are just really not smart about anything
hbrink123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #7
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
This show is a disgrace to the OHV community. It is behavior like this that gets our public land and parks closed. This show is fake and a bunch of scripted BS. Everyone here at JF should be upset at how the OHV community is being portrayed as destructive A-holes that will trash anything that gets in their path. The general public doesn't understand that this is not how we behave on the trails. I will be boycotting this show and any of its sponsors. We have worked too damn hard to repair image to have it destroyed so some cable channel can try to get some ratings boost. Absolutely disgusting.

Couldn't have said it better.
Unread 12-08-2014, 07:45 AM   #8
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Im just waiting for the Land Rover to finish blowing up. I know it's not right what they're doing to the land, but I do enjoy watching *******es beat the crap out of their vehicles. Why on earth someone would try to wheel 4 cylinder Toyota is beyond me (in that terrain). That thing sounds terrible.
montero1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #9
RescueRangers
2014 JK Wrangler 

I agree, its not going to give the general public a good impression of what we are all about. I can say it is better, at least at this point, than I had figured it would be but it is a reality program and that requires drama to be successful (thanks to the general public). It was nice that they did mention trend lightly but it would have been much better to have shown it rather than that B____ch session they had. To start with, how did he bend his tie rod? He went on about damaging trees but scraping the bark on one side of the tree is not going to kill the tree, cutting it down will. The other problem I had with it was how much they put down the lower 48'ers, why do people have to put other people down who share the same interests, does it make them feel better about them self?

On the show's Facebook site several people said they are from that area and have run those trails. They all said that the first trail they did on the show normally only takes about a hour to run, not 8.
Unread 12-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #10
ecaps

Quote:

Well said sir!

I made it through 1 1/2 episodes, but I belive I'm done watching the show. I had hopes, maybe a bit too high that this "reality" show might be good. That perhaps scenery, respect for land/trails and a positive light on anyone who enjoys wheeling as a hobby - whether it be a 4wd, atv, motorcyle, etc. Instead there is a mullet wearing redneck, a dude that is a 3rd rate version of a 1993 Tommy Lee (Motley Crue) and bunch of other clowns.

Yeah I get it's a race to the finish, but the only team that seems to be wheeling "correctly" is the brother/sister team and of course that aren't invovled in the drama so they get little air time.

Super Jeep (especially the part driving through the forest) of a Simpsons episode about the Canyonero.
.....She's a squirrel crushing, deer smacking, driving machine!....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkapW5ob9Qs

Stays crunchy ......even in milk
ecaps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #11
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Agree as well.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #12
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Would you also say KOH is a disgrace?
Unread 12-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #13
bobjp

I really don't know what everyone is going on about. I've watched both episodes. There was one point where they ran over/into tree branches that were blocking the trail and would have been cut down anyway. All else is pretty typical stuff if you've ever been offroad.

They aren't running off the trails, and they aren't causing anymore damage than any other offroader.
Unread 12-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #14
wjjeep3932
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
I really don't know what everyone is going on about. I've watched both episodes. There was one point where they ran over/into tree branches that were blocking the trail and would have been cut down anyway. All else is pretty typical stuff if you've ever been offroad.

They aren't running off the trails, and they aren't causing anymore damage than any other offroader.
I agree with you, nothing out of the ordinary to me.
wjjeep3932 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #15
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Only thing that bothers me about the show is that too many of the vehicles are Japanese nameplates. Like to see a Ford or Chevy in the mix instead of the ring-ding stuff, but that's just my bias: don't like Asian vehicles whatsoever. The Defender is cool though.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.