Advice on women?? welcome aboard! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Advice on women?? welcome aboard!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #31
TheDustMan
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog02 View Post
My buddy is a lifelong bachelor, and at 42 he might make it. He says women are like postage stamps... you lick 'em, stick 'em, and send 'em on their way. He usually keeps one about a month before trading her in.
Reminds me of the scene from Family Guy where Quagmire sleeps with the social worker:

[Social Worker, laying in bed the morning after] "Glenn, honey, I have a question for you: What do you do for a living?"

[Quagmire, standing in the doorway with a cup of coffee] "Heh heh, and I have a question for you: Why are you still here?"

TheDustMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #32
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Why am I the jerk when I stayed up for 12 hours on the phone with her, and listene to all her problems?
Maybe for that very reason by itself.

Be it either to a woman or a man I can say what I got to say in 5 minutes or much less no problem if they listen at all .

12 hours ?
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #33
kristi5683

2005 TJ Wrangler 

This thread is too funny.

I don't think I read a damn thing that wasn't true. I'm not saying I'm any different but I definitely got to experience the other side of the argument. I never realized how much I try to avoid arguing with women.

I was troubleshooting some Citrix server crap and I had to reboot. There was an argument to be had and of course it was wrong of me to fix this. I can't believe how fast her voice went from rage to giddy with the simplest phrase from me.

"you're absolutely right"

****ing women. I'm sure im just as bad.
kristi5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #34
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

if we are very lucky, in life, the first very first rule we learn is don't argue with women/mom .

It's best to learn from the get go/start .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #35
WaterWeasel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Attractiveness grows when you can actually talk to them! My daughter is especially beautiful (now she is 7). I teach her "girl power". That means go to college and be self sufficient before you raise a family, that way, if the guy turns into a jerk, she is not stuck staying in a abusive relationship. And of course if that happens he will be tortured and killed by me anyway....
This thread should be an eye opener to all fathers out there!!!!!
The crazy emotional part is due to the 2 X chromosomes, that we are just gonna have to live with.
WaterWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #36
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

*****es gonna be *****es, so **** em.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #37
WaterWeasel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8Hondas

This.

I want to pull my hair put so often when I talk to members of the opposite sex. However, there's a fairly attractive girl I know who is going to be a biomedical engineer. Engineers like logic. I wanted to be an engineer. Maybe I should go after her. What does JF think?
YES! Pretty and smart trumps perfect 10 and stupid.
Otherwise you get stuck doing everything! Or fixing all the stuff her dumb a** breaks!
WaterWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #38
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yep 12 hours. To listen about why her jarring her dad, I don't know why I work stayed up that long though.
Unread 09-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #39
Almighty90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'll just leave this here...

image-2812185845.jpg
Almighty90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #40
TheDustMan
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty90 View Post
I'll just leave this here...

Attachment 472683
Someday that guys hair is going to become self-aware and turn into a famous novelist.
TheDustMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #41
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDustMan View Post
Someday that guys hair is going to become self-aware and turn into a famous novelist.
Unread 09-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #42
Burlbook48
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
Oh hell no.
Will? Will Smith, is that you?
Unread 09-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #43
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWeasel
YES! Pretty and smart trumps perfect 10 and stupid.
Otherwise you get stuck doing everything! Or fixing all the stuff her dumb a** breaks!
All of those factors were involved in my thought process. I'm just really on the fence about whether or not I want to get into a long term relationship right now. I'm a lazy person, that's why I didn't make it through engineering school. Relationships require effort, and I'm trying to focus on school right now so distractions need to be minimized. Although trying to decide one way or the other is is kind of distracting right now. That's another thread though.
Unread 09-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #44
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8Hondas View Post
All of those factors were involved in my thought process. I'm just really on the fence about whether or not I want to get into a long term relationship right now. I'm a lazy person, that's why I didn't make it through engineering school. Relationships require effort, and I'm trying to focus on school right now so distractions need to be minimized. Although trying to decide one way or the other is is kind of distracting right now. That's another thread though.
School first, then play. Women are always a distraction.
Unread 09-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #45
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I was raised by a mother who used the silent treatment on me since I was very young, when a woman tries that on me now... it makes me laugh inside because they have no idea how young I was when I learned to deal with that.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.