Advice on Customer Service Contact - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Advice on Customer Service Contact

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
Steelheader
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Advice on Customer Service Contact

Here's the story. I bought a Lift Kit from a well known vendor that many people shop with. When I bought the kit I assumed that the items pictured in the description of the kit was what I would receive. It had an adjustable track bar, brake line extensions, and a DPA all pictured above the Part Number that I ordered. Now to make things clearer, there was NO disclaimer stating that this was a "generic" picture and did not include all the items pictured. The reason I went with this more expensive kit was b/c I assumed that all the parts pictured were included. The pictures of the lesser kits did not have the items pictured with those kits. So, if it were a "generic" factory picture, all the kits on the site would have the same picture...correct? THey are trying to tell me that they will sell me the additional parts at a "discount" price. I feel that the reasonable thing to do is to get me the parts "at cost"...True cost. That way they will not lose money, but will not make money either. Although I will have to pull more money out of my own pocket to get what I thought I was going to receive in the first place.

How would you handle this situation of false advertisement? I would almost think that I could legally make them give me all the parts as advertised on their website, since there was no disclaimer. Whaddaya think?

Steelheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I understand your point assuming the picture did show the additional parts but was a description or list of what you were buying available before you confirmed the purchase?

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
Steelheader
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Taken directly from the website description: "Our suspension kit was the first TJ Wrangler lift on the market. It provides improvements in off road performance while maintaining a quality highway ride. The kit includes springs, rear swaybar links, rear trackbar bracket, bumpstops and all necessary hardware required for installation. Fits all Wrangler models including the Rubicon."

The bolded area of the quote is what I assumed would cover the rest of the parts not listed. The parts description on the site did not list al the parts that did come with the kit either.
Unread 09-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

What part did you feel you were shorted on? To me, hardware means fasteners.

Edit: I see what you mean. The lift kits on that page show different pictures depending on what lift you by. The 4" specifically shows a drop pitman arm whereas the others do not. That's definitely misleading! Now, on the other side of things, their description clearly does not mention a drop pitman arm in the package. It comes down to a flip of a coin to decide who is 'right' in this situation.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheader View Post
Taken directly from the website description: "Our suspension kit was the first TJ Wrangler lift on the market. It provides improvements in off road performance while maintaining a quality highway ride. The kit includes springs, rear swaybar links, rear trackbar bracket, bumpstops and all necessary hardware required for installation. Fits all Wrangler models including the Rubicon."

The bolded area of the quote is what I assumed would cover the rest of the parts not listed. The parts description on the site did not list al the parts that did come with the kit either.
When I Google the quote I see it is a tera flex lift but many different vender sites. The quote is part of the description for many different lifts, their 3 inch, their 4 inch. With and without shocks, with and without control arms etc. The pictures are all the same though.

I do see how confusing it would be to try to figure out what is meant by “and all necessary hardware required for installation”. I tis very missleading and unless they make it very clear what is in the kit you should get what is in the picture.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
Steelheader
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
When I Google the quote I see it is a tera flex lift but many different vender sites. The quote is part of the description for many different lifts, their 3 inch, their 4 inch. With and without shocks, with and without control arms etc. The pictures are all the same though.

I do see how confusing it would be to try to figure out what is meant by “and all necessary hardware required for installation”. I tis very missleading and unless they make it very clear what is in the kit you should get what is in the picture.
You would think....Their solution to the problem is to give me the Adjustable Track Bar, Drop Pitman Arm, and Extended Brake Lines for a discounted price of....$355.00!!! I added up the prices off of their website and the Track Bar is $205, the DPA is $61, and the extended brake lines are $152.00. That adds up to $418 regular price, and the lady that left the message said they were giving me the parts at a $78.00 discount. Subtract that from $418.00 and you get $340.00, not $355.00. I am going to post on their Vendor site here on JF.com and see what they say. This is buII****!
Unread 09-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #7
Steelheader
1998 TJ Wrangler 

LMFAO! They already changed the picture on their website. WOW! I am a very influential person!
Unread 09-18-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheader View Post

Bolded part means the hardware to install the parts you receive, nuts and bolts. Pitman arms and brake lines arent needed to install a leaf spring (generics here).

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #9
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You were not shorted and since you read the description, knew exactly what you were getting. No reasonable person is going to consider a trackbar, DPA and brake lines to be "hardware".
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #10
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Plus, unless you're modifying the point at which the track bar mounts on the frame, you don't want the drop pitman arm.

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.