ACK. Pulling my hair out over this - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > ACK. Pulling my hair out over this

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
Tri_X_Troll
1986 MJ Comanche 

ACK. Pulling my hair out over this

Okay, so I got the wheels and tires on, that have been sitting in my mom's garage for a couple months. As I was standing back and admiring the pure beauty that my baby posses I realized that it might look a little funny if I lifted it with this setup.

And I can't go any bigger than 30's because when I tried my friend's 31's on, the 4 banger and automatic tranny didn't like them and couldn't make it past 60mph. Not cool. So 30's are it until I can afford a second vehicle (in the distant future).

The original plan was a 2" BB............

Unread 04-05-2005, 08:53 PM   #2
Moose_God
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Regearing is always a good idea
94 Cherokee Sport 4wd (converted from 2wd), AW4, NP231 w/SYE, 6" bastard lift, RC drop brackets, IRO trackbar, 33x12.5 Goodyear MTRs, HDoffroad subframe connectors, prerunner front bumper, homebrew rear bumper, flowmaster 40, 96 booster swap., upgraded headlight harness, 4.56 gears (finally!!!)
Moose_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
jeverett
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose_God
Regearing is always a good idea
this man speaks truth

and I had 30s with a 2 inch lift on a YJ that didn't look bad, but then they have different flares that take away some of the opening as well.
Unread 04-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
Tri_X_Troll
1986 MJ Comanche 

I guess I should mention that regearing is out of the budget for a while too.
Unread 04-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #5
Tri_X_Troll
1986 MJ Comanche 

btt....come on people. I need opinions. The guy with the used BB for sale won't sit on it forever.
Unread 04-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
Blake
Redefining body roll

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri_X_Troll
btt....come on people. I need opinions. The guy with the used BB for sale won't sit on it forever.
If you can't do it, you can't do it.

1999.5 Ford F250
6.8l V10 l Auto l 4WD l 4" Spring Lift | 4.30 Gears | 35" Treadwright MT/R's

Youtube

Twitter
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #7
mookarma

depending on the price, I'd get the BB and see what it's like. If you don't like it, chances are you'll be able to sell the BB for the price you paid
mookarma is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.