Abc7 news san francisco death wobble story - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Abc7 news san francisco death wobble story

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 03-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #46
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvkeninsf View Post
Yes, i do work for a KGO-TV , I thought my user name would be enough disclosure about who I am, but apparently some people believe that I was trying to be deceptive. I can assure you that I was not. I thought other Jeep owners might be interested in my story. Obviously Jeep owners are passionate about their vehicles. I know, I've had three Jeeps (65CJ ,92YJ, and now drive an 06TJ), that's my jeep in the story shaking on hwy 101. If you haven't experienced DW, you don't want to. Like many people I went online to find the source of my DW and was suprised to see how many people also experienced this problem. The issue here is not that DW can be fixed, it is that people continue to buy these vehicles and Jeep refuses to acknowledge or inform consumers that there is a potentially dangerous problem. As I mentioned in the story, hundreds of people have complained about this condition to NHTSA, I also have received emails and phone calls from around the globe since this story aired. Many from frustrated Jeep drivers who have experienced DW. Therefore, I think it's important for people to be educated about possible problems. That said, I hear what has been said here, and have been adding it to my list of things to followup on going forward. I do appreciate your input, keep it coming. I will take it in to consideration when writing any follow-ups. -Ken
Glad to see you're a Jeep owner and not just another member of the media grasping at straws for stories. Welcome to JeepForum and let me apologize on the behalf of everyone that posted here for any wrong assumptions or not so nice things said.

I think the main issue here was everyone thought you were just some random new yuppie trying to cast the vehicles everyone here is oh so passionate about in a negative light.

In the future I might suggest mentioning that this issue is not just isolated to Jeep but almost any Solid Front Axle vehicle. Not mentioning this in a Jeep related segment makes people not in the know think that this is a Jeep isolated incident and casts them in a bad light.

Taking that stance on the issue might also get you farther in getting a comment from Jeep/Chrysler.

Unread 03-02-2012, 05:13 AM   #47
MsGTI
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIS View Post
Probably not a GTI.

I used to drive one myself, though. I used to love VWs until they started using the nasty soft-touch coating on just about everything, and forgetting to install lock cylinders in the trunk lock. My wife accidentally opened my Passat's trunk with her Honda Odyssey key: it took thirty seconds before I realized something was very wrong. "Honey, what key did you just use?" ...The question that prompted 3 months of waiting for a new lock cylinder, specifically keyed to my car. I didn't mind, though - I got to drive a *****in' (that's a positive profane remark, not a negative: think something equivalent to 'awesome') loaner Jetta all the while.

Oooo - I'd love to see a new Corrado / Sirocco / Audi Quattro offered up. I need a new 4th car. My daughter gets her mom's in 7 years - gotta plan ahead.

But it's (GTI) good on gas...lol...

Golf and the GTI's with the TSI engine are solid..I would never buy a Jetta or Passat.
When I was stationed in Germany I fell in love with them.

I haven't had any problems with mine,check fluids,tires,oil and filter change once a year.

Less than 5,000 miles since I only drive it during the Spring/Summer.But I've been driving it now with gas prices going up every other day.......................

2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Metallic Khaki
2009 VW GTI
MsGTI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #48
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to say that my old chevy 3/4 ton had DW once. Turned out the front hub brgs had disintegrated completely and smoke was pouring out of the hubs on the way to work. It was a crap my pants moment.

Also Mrs GTI, my dad just got a Jetta TDI lately - its a fun ride at 150 MPH... never thought a diesel could be so nice and smooth...
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
death wobble , shaking , vibrate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.