Abc7 news san francisco death wobble story - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Abc7 news san francisco death wobble story

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 02-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #16
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
ABC Ken's Twitter Page...

https://twitter.com/#!/kenmiguel

At least we know who we are talking too...
OOO He's pretty!

---

Ken, listen to these guys. They know what they are talking about. Death wobble is not unique to jeep. And it is not going away. 99 percent of any problems we encounter with our Jeeps can be solved using a simple technique. PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE. You feel a small shimmy? Get it checked out. A strange noise? Investigate a little...But people are so quick to put blame on others. Whether it be a shop or a huge corporation. They got "swindled." Or the company was "dishonest." In reality, That person is a crummy consumer. That person did not do his homework or did not get a second opinion, Or even investigate the problem themselves. I'm no mechanic, but I can look under the hood for a loose piece of hanger metal or plastic that is causing a rattle...

All I'm saying is that you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Death wobble is annoying. But as stated before, anyone with a torque wrench (anyone with a wrench) and a Chiltons manual can fix this problem if they actually took the time to LEARN ABOUT the vehicle they drive. This isn't advanced physics. Its turning a wrench...

Maybe you can get your top notch investigative team to do something useful...maybe look into how I misplace my keys everyday...or why I put 2 socks in the dryer and only one comes out...

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
MsGTI
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh la la...he's a cutie pie ...wonder what he's driving??

2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Metallic Khaki
2009 VW GTI
MsGTI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #18
IDRIS
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGTI View Post

Oh la la...he's a cutie pie ...wonder what he's driving??
Probably not a GTI.

I used to drive one myself, though. I used to love VWs until they started using the nasty soft-touch coating on just about everything, and forgetting to install lock cylinders in the trunk lock. My wife accidentally opened my Passat's trunk with her Honda Odyssey key: it took thirty seconds before I realized something was very wrong. "Honey, what key did you just use?" ...The question that prompted 3 months of waiting for a new lock cylinder, specifically keyed to my car. I didn't mind, though - I got to drive a *****in' (that's a positive profane remark, not a negative: think something equivalent to 'awesome') loaner Jetta all the while.

Oooo - I'd love to see a new Corrado / Sirocco / Audi Quattro offered up. I need a new 4th car. My daughter gets her mom's in 7 years - gotta plan ahead.

Last edited by IDRIS; 02-17-2012 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: explaining bleeping - apologies
IDRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #19
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Just a thought.
Why are you bashing the OP about a story on something that we all know is true? DW happens on Jeep. You all act like you are covering up the truth.
I really dont think hes bashing Jeep, just informing the public.
It could be as simple as over inflated tires.
This is the first thread i read on JF today and disapointed by the acts of my fellow Jeepers

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
Look at the name...Ken ....TV
well Ken. It is "braking" not "breaking".
DW affects any solid axle coil sprung vehicle and even some independent front ends. The harmonic oscillation can be caused by any component in the front suspension and even the tires. Many of us drive lifted Jeeps which drastically increases the likelihood of dw occurring due to the increased angles across the suspension. Most times it is solved by a new or upgraded trackbar. The problem is the other components it destroys in short order. A vehicle(especially a Jeep) is not some magical machine that doesn't require routine maintenance and some sense of how its acting. Pay attention when you're driving and you can feel a shimmy long before dw occurs. THAT should be your que to look for something wrong. There's no sense of responsibility in anybody anymore. Everyone wants to point a finger at someone else. Why don't you do a worthwhile story like the Ford truck sparkplugs that you normally spend 2k$ to change. That article made you sound ignorant and you should do more research before putting something out to the public(typical media mo). Its probably not smart to come to a large forum of Jeep lovers while publicly trashing Jeeps on something you are uneducated on.
Whats your problem? where was the trashing? Your taking DW personally like its your fault

Unread 02-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #21
IDRIS
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
Whats your problem? where was the trashing? Your taking DW personally like its your fault
A lot of people are personally connected to the auto industry, and to their chosen vehicles. Do we have to use the acronym "DW" to describe this anomaly - as if it's a common event for anyone with a 4X4 vehicle?

How many people here have ever seen video records of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge disaster? Yeah, pretty much everyone with a high school education in the US. That was a resonance problem, too. Perhaps we should start naming this kind of problem a TNB.

Words hurt, and they can be misleading. If you don't believe that, look up the meaning of: "Libel" or "Slander". While you're at it, perhaps try: "Misrepresentation", "Sabotage", "Calumny", "Criminal Defamation", "Villification", "Traducement".

If I were a lawyer, I'd have a field day with these suckers!
IDRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #22
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

If you build bridges dont take this personally

Unread 02-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #23
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ABC Ken's Twitter Page...

https://twitter.com/#!/kenmiguel

At least we know who we are talking too...
I'd venture a guess he drives a Prius or similar soulless enconobox.
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #24
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just a thought.
Why are you bashing the OP about a story on something that we all know is true? DW happens on Jeep. You all act like you are covering up the truth.
This is the first thread i read on JF today and disapointed by the acts of my fellow Jeepers
I'm not bashing anyone to cover up the truth. DW can happen on SFA vehicles, it's a fact. Far too many people are completely disconnected from the act of driving.

If you don't care about what you buy, then you don't care about what you drive. If you don't care about what you drive or buy you don't care about driving. If you don't care about driving how are you supposed to understand in any capacity, what is going on with your vehicle and how it works in the simplest of terms?

We drive SFA coil/leaf sprung Jeeps, not $80k high performance road cars with electronically controlled intelligent suspension. DW is something that is easily avoidable with a bit of knowledge, a wrench, and a five minutes to torque your track bar at every oil change.

Driving then becomes something you just do, rather than something you enjoy doing. Akin to taking out the garbage or emptying the dishwasher. If you're totally disinterested in what you're doing, how are you supposed to do it well, or safely in reasonable manner?

For every $15-30k vehicle that rolls off a lot, you could have something far more fun to drive for comparable or less money. Do you want a lifeless gutless block of metal, or more commonly lately plastic, that goes from point A to point B making noises vaguely resembling something with an engine, or do you want to live a little?

Unread 02-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #25
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Just a thought.
Quote:
No but as dumb as most people are (in general ), they will read this garbage that calls out Jeep, not Dodge, not Ford, Not Chevrolet ifs wobble issues And they will go buy another maker. . And I do have a problem with the media. They aret all leeches looking for blood and drama anyway they can. And they don't care who it affects as long as they get on TV and get their "look at me" fix for the day. I am not a Jeep loyalist, I have a Dodge and a Honda in my driveway as well. I read garbage like that all the time and don't have the ability for the writer to here mydisagreement. Luckily right now I have that chance. Leave it to the leaf Springer to make a comment about dw

Last edited by speedbucket; 02-17-2012 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: butt hurtness
speedbucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No but as dumb as most west coasters are, they will read this garbage that calls out Jeep, not Dodge, not Ford, Not Chevrolet ifs wobble issues And they will go buy another maker. . And I do have a problem with the media. They aret all leeches looking for blood and drama anyway they can. And they don't care who it affects as long as they get on TV and get their "look at me" fix for the day. I am not a Jeep loyalist, I have a Dodge and a Honda in my driveway as well. I read garbage like that all the time and don't have the ability for the writer to here mydisagreement. Luckily right now I have that chance. Leave it to the leaf Springer to make a comment about dw
Yah, us dumb west coasters don't know our head from our *** when it comes to Jeeps or steering or anything mechanical like... we bow down to the all mighty east coast jeep gods!
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #27
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

......come on man.
this news article is ron Burgundy quality
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #28
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry,"west coasters in general", as in the general public who believe anything they here/read. I had a befriended in college from CA that refused to believe that the "new species of giant catfish" on his screen was a whaleshark. The terminator = governor ......come on man.
this news article is ron Burgundy quality
Pretty wide brush, narrow minded statement covering nearly 50 Million people... "West Coasters in General"... really??? I have all kinds of personal ignorant opinions about people in Virginia and the east coast in general, but you don't see me using them in bash you guys.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #29
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Pretty wide brush, narrow minded statement covering nearly 50 Million people... "West Coasters in General"... really... I have all kinds of ignorant opinions about people in Virginia and the east coast in general, but you don't see me using them in bash you guys.
This is going the wrong direction and its my fault. I shall edit the post. Sorry.
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #30
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This is going the wrong direction and its my fault. I shall edit the post. Sorry.
No worries, I'm just being feisty tonight, I'm not really butthurt... and I'm surely not condoning or supporting the news piece, and can admit that we have our fair share of "different folks" in CA... just not all of us!

After Googling the dude, I found posts he was looking for people on unmodified Jeeps trying to cause a stir, and the whole 'Chrysler refused our request for comment..." stuff is just sensationalism, trying to imply that they are covering something up... typical news garbage, which is why I rarely watch any.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L

Tags
death wobble , shaking , vibrate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.