'97 What is it worth? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > '97 What is it worth?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #16
Tr00b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you all a ton. This will help immensely to move the Jeep without us getting screwed, and at the same time giving a buyer a fair price (within a reasonable period of time) We will be fixing the sensors and checking out the exhaust leak. And now... Fixing the heater, which seems to have stopped working completely! It will go on the market as 6k or something like that (being of course negotiable)... Anyone with remaining input or selling/buying exp feel free to chime in, it isn't sold yet!

BTW, I love this forum, lots of good help and useful reading here!

And Xlr8n, you have a PM.

Tr00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #17
97casteeltj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i bought a 97 TJ with 122k on it, it is pretty damn good condition, i paid $7500 for it, but its a Sport model with a I-6, i was looking at yours and it has a lot of rust, that will probably hurt you.....but like people were saying it all depends on the buyer.....some people just get excited and impulse buy without checking things out, like axles, undercarrage, control arms, things like that.....if i were to buy a jeep that was exactly like yours, i might pay 4k, but since its a 4 banger, rusted and pretty much completely stock, i don't think you'll get what you'll want out of it, but you never know!
Unread 01-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #18
Brice014
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr00b
Thanks Steve! I realize many of these things can be fixed, however, some enthusiasts prefer to do it themselves... So they know what has been done, it has been done right... Picky about the oil brand... Etc. I am not sure whether or not value wise it is worth fixing, is it? Ive never used NADA before, thanks for the link!

Well, here are some pics.

We just don't want to try and get $4500-5000 for it if nobody wants it for that. We'd rather sell it now for less if it's worth less... that kind of thing. Just asking the pros! What would you all pay for it if you were looking to buy it?
what happened to the click free days...
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchevyman24
ahhhh....finally 35's...but can't we all dream of 42" TSL's???? Body Cutting, Tube Fenders, Wheelbase Lengthening, 14 Bolts, Dana60s and Detroit Lockers...dreaming is nice, isn't it??????
Maybe one day...
Brice014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2008, 07:09 AM   #19
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

First off i would take that bra ofof the hood, that brings the value down probably $500!

seriously, do the general maintenace items you mentioned before and you souldn't have a hard time selling it. if you don't people will try to low ball you for items you mentioned, i know i would. if i was buying it and you told me it needed all these general maintenance itmes done, i would be very concerned. i wouls ask" if you know it needs all this done an dhavne't done, what else does it need, that you don't know about?"

spring will be here before you know it and plus its tax refund time, people will be falling all over themselves to buy a Jeep.

05 WK Laredo
4.7, 4wd......exhaust and gps coming soon!
NCJEEPFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.