95 Cherokee problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 95 Cherokee problems

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-22-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
ozkahuna

95 Cherokee problems

I have a 95 Cherokee with 4.0lt engine and auto transmission. When the vehicle gets to operating temperature it developes a 'miss' in the engine,a sort of surging.I have had the electricals checked,full service including new plugs,leads etc..I have also had the fuel injection serviced as well as the auto transmission overhauled,where some damage was found to the torque converter and this was rectified. However the engine 'miss' is still there.This is frustrating as all the mechanics I have consulted are 'stumped' as to what could be causing it. Please help if U have experienced similar problems.

ozkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2002, 07:03 PM   #2
kbeckman

Please explain your miss better.

Is it at idle, under power or ?

Do any codes show up in the computer?

Have you tried resetting the computer?
kbeckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2002, 01:02 PM   #3
hikerpaddler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

No idea. I had the problem in my 95 and I tried everything. Turned out to be a fouled plug.
hikerpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.