95 Cherokee problems - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-22-2002, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
95 Cherokee problems

I have a 95 Cherokee with 4.0lt engine and auto transmission. When the vehicle gets to operating temperature it developes a 'miss' in the engine,a sort of surging.I have had the electricals checked,full service including new plugs,leads etc..I have also had the fuel injection serviced as well as the auto transmission overhauled,where some damage was found to the torque converter and this was rectified. However the engine 'miss' is still there.This is frustrating as all the mechanics I have consulted are 'stumped' as to what could be causing it. Please help if U have experienced similar problems.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 04-26-2002, 07:03 PM
Please explain your miss better.

Is it at idle, under power or ?

Do any codes show up in the computer?

Have you tried resetting the computer?
post #3 of 3 Old 05-01-2002, 01:02 PM
1998 TJ Wrangler 
No idea. I had the problem in my 95 and I tried everything. Turned out to be a fouled plug.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.