$650 Willys Wagon Project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > $650 Willys Wagon Project

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 04-25-2002, 12:37 AM   #1
evilpsych

$650 Willys Wagon Project

k guys.. i've located a 56 Willys Wagon project vehicle at a local cars for causes.. how difficult is it to modify this vehicle to accept upgraded parts?

I'm thinking a Golen Performance 4.0l (260 hp), a nv4500 and a dana 300 or quadratrac out of a wag w/ it's d44's.. how difficult will it be to do this from the frame up? are there many body-frame bolts or weird things i need to know about?

I know it's not really a willys standard.. but does anyone offer A/C for this vehicle? i only ask because it's not a convertible.

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2002, 05:33 AM   #2
4wheeler4CJ

evil,

I don't know anything about a project like the wagons, but I think that would an awesome truck done up! Those wagons are very unique! Good Luck! [Wink]
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2002, 09:24 PM   #3
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Like any Jeep,with enough time and money you can put just about anything under the hood. As for the motor of choice, I'd try to stay with as short an engine as I could. A later 4 or V6 would fit with minimial cutting as the motor bay is somewhat small.After that you have room to bolt just about any trans/transfer combo you want.The rear axle(tapered axle D44)is plenty strong but you will probably want to replace the D27 front as it is marginial behind any kind of HP.As for the AC, two choices,find an aftermarket AC unit from a local shop that deals in them or drive real fast with the windows down! On a serous note, be sure to upgrade the brakes with a dual master cyl. and replace the backing plates with a self energising brake set up out of a later model.And replace the stock draglink/bellcrank steering with a manual/power steering box. With a mild lift and some goodies these trucks have a killer look about them, and are good wheelers to boot
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.