2015 mustang - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2015 mustang

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #16
bobjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Every single Mustang owner I know is a college student. I spoke to my grandma. When the Mustang came out, it was a car for college students. I have a friend with a foxbody. He had one as a college student. Mustangs are cars for young people. The 197 is a retromobile that they tried to get nostalgia buying from, but ultimately the car wasn't nice enough and ever since about 2007, pretty much all their sales have been college students.

With a price tag starting at less than 25 grand, it's an entry-level car. People with money don't buy entry-level cars. They buy nicer cars. That's the point of entry-level cars.
You're making an awful many claims without numbers. Your buddy, your mother... Please post statistics showing college students are the primary buyers.

$25,000 is not entry level at all. Many cars can be had for under $20,000. People with money can afford less practical cars like the Mustang. That's why it's marketed to people with money.

Here's stuff:

http://hedgescompany.com/blog/2012/0...ustang-owners/

http://dealer-communications.com/new...ners-revealed/

http://brandpersonality-steph.blogsp...rketplace.html

So, unless college students around you are making $71,000 annually and own a home....

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #17
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

The Mustang is the cheapest new car with RWD and 2 doors. That's a simple fact. And maybe it's anecdotal, but every one belonging to a person I know belongs to a college student.

Watch the trend of the Mustang going back to origin. All aimed at and owned by youths. So screw the retro look, make the S550 a high-value low-cost performance car. The Toyobaru is fierce competition for its market share, so it's only wise for Ford to respond in turn.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #18
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I can see college students being a good part of the mustang demographic. Locally around me kids drive the 6cyl all day and a few gt's... the nostalgic buyer who can afford it are driving saleen, svt, roush & cobras - not college student entry level mustangs by any means & can cost far more than tuition! Those are totally different ponies! Just my .02
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJs99TJ View Post
I can see college students being a good part of the mustang demographic. Locally around me kids drive the 6cyl all day and a few gt's... the nostalgic buyer who can afford it are driving saleen, svt, roush & cobras - not college student entry level mustangs by any means & can cost far more than tuition! Those are totally different ponies! Just my .02
Agreed. I see a lot of younger people driving v6 mustangs (which I hate but I understand why they are made).

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Agreed. I see a lot of younger people driving v6 mustangs (which I hate but I understand why they are made).
I think one of the strongest thing this new Mustang will have is engine options. Right now it's V6, V8, and supercharged V8, but the new Mustang is supposed to have, in its life, an I4T, a V6, a V6TT, a V8, and a V8TT. Tons of things they could pull off with that. A base model, a GT, an SVO, a Boss 302, a GT500, and that's just the start. A high-end V6TT model would certainly compete well in its segment, without displacing the V8 model- rumor is they're reworking the Coyote to make 500hp all motor.

It's hard for me to not get excited about this new Mustang. It's better than the one now, for pretty much the same price that I, as a college dropout, can afford!

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:52 AM   #21
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

looks fugly, like a charger or something. But i guess it's whats under the hood that counts with mustangs.
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.