2015 mustang - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2015 mustang

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 11-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2015 mustang

I'm normally a mustang fan over anything else as far as sports cars go (well actually the new C7 stingray has become first on that list) but I can't say I'm a fan of this new redesign at all. I usually like what ford does with them, but this looks like everything else.

Unread 11-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Indy

It looks ok, not great. Id be switching my non functional hood scoop for a pair of non functional louvres.
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I agree I grew up in a GM Muscle car family. I was a huge Camaro buff until I owned a mustang and I prefer them over camaro's now. I must say this mustang is too much Aston Martin flavor just like the newer Jags and every other ford.
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #4
Cavasar
No Longer DD

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You guys see Aston, I see fancy Ford Fusion.
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

400 lbs lighter, smaller overhangs, smaller in every dimension.....

And from what I've seen it looks pretty damn sexy. I like.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
400 lbs lighter, smaller overhangs, smaller in every dimension.....

And from what I've seen it looks pretty damn sexy. I like.
I guess it's gonna have to be one of those "see it in person" things with me. I was unsure about the new vette but I saw one at work and my jaw dropped.
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
Jonathanjr1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like their going back to a style kind of like the 4th gen. I wonder if the rumored v8 ecoboost will launch with it.
Jonathanjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #8
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like the newer mustangs. Meaning the ones since they started putting the 5.0s back under the hood; which I think was 2012+. This is the only mustang I've liked since 1993. (With the exception of the 03/04 Cobras.)
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #9
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

If the S550 looks like that rendering, I'm buying one with the Ecoboost 4. Mustang SVO anybody?

I hear a lot of hate for it, but I think it's perfect for what the Mustang has to be: a car for youngsters. The Mustang isn't a retro car or a car for people who want to feel nostalgic. The Mustang is a car for hot-blooded youths who want their first new car. It's sporty but practical, well-equipped but affordable. I, for one, am the Mustang's target audience, and I think that rendering looks fantastic and combined with the specifications they've released, the car is a very attractive package.

As far as the aesthetics, Ford is building a design language. The Fusion, Focus, Fiesta, and Taurus all share many elements, and it only makes sense to include the Mustang, especially when the elements they're using work so well. They say it looks like anything else, but I think it's very distinctive. Even with the similar new fascia, I have yet to confuse a Fiesta with a Focus, like I constantly do with the Nissan Murano and Rogue. Or Altima and Maxima, for that matter. I think a Mustang with a similar design language would look good and be distinctive. The design bears somewhat of a resemblance to the modern Aston Martin lineup, but to be totally fair, it's more a case of Astons were redesigned by J Mays while the brand was owned by Ford, and J Mays' design style uses that shark mouth a lot. It shares none of the lines, or even most of the fascia either. Just the general shark mouth shape. Yes, it elicits Aston Marton. Yes that's on purpose. But I don't think it's wrong to do, in any way.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm glad they've stopped trying to make it look like the original

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
I guess it's gonna have to be one of those "see it in person" things with me. I was unsure about the new vette but I saw one at work and my jaw dropped.
It is truly a jaw-dropping car. I knew from the first time I saw a real picture of one that I absolutely loved it but after seeing one in person, I'm borderline obsessed. I can't wait to drive one and the thought of selling my Jeep and using that as a down payment has crossed my mind at least once a day.

$25k takes my Jeep and a bunch of other fun stuff that goes with it.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
Indy

I like the cars through 1970, the sn95 they started with the retro body styling was nice for its time. Of course anything was better than the fox bodies imo, 0 interest in owning one of them. But the 'muscle car'ish look was decent. It's just time to move on, especially since dodge and chevy are doing it now
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
bobjp

It's a very good looking car in it's own right, but Mustang reached its pinnacle in looks with the S197. It will have been 10 years, it's just time for a change.

Fortunately, this will probably be the best performing Mustang ever.

Have to disagree with the Mustang not being a "retro" car for nostalgia. Uh, that's exactly what it's been for nearly 10 years, and why it sold so well. It's the same for the Camaro and Challenger. The only 20 year old that drives a new Mustang had his parents buy it and insure it. The target market for the Mustang is people with money, not college students.
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

I like it; way better looking than the homogenized stuff coming out of Japan.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
It's a very good looking car in it's own right, but Mustang reached its pinnacle in looks with the S197. It will have been 10 years, it's just time for a change.

Fortunately, this will probably be the best performing Mustang ever.

Have to disagree with the Mustang not being a "retro" car for nostalgia. Uh, that's exactly what it's been for nearly 10 years, and why it sold so well. It's the same for the Camaro and Challenger. The only 20 year old that drives a new Mustang had his parents buy it and insure it. The target market for the Mustang is people with money, not college students.
Every single Mustang owner I know is a college student. I spoke to my grandma. When the Mustang came out, it was a car for college students. I have a friend with a foxbody. He had one as a college student. Mustangs are cars for young people. The 197 is a retromobile that they tried to get nostalgia buying from, but ultimately the car wasn't nice enough and ever since about 2007, pretty much all their sales have been college students.

With a price tag starting at less than 25 grand, it's an entry-level car. People with money don't buy entry-level cars. They buy nicer cars. That's the point of entry-level cars.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.