2014 Supercross Season - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2014 Supercross Season

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-26-2014, 10:04 AM   #46
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Last nights race was pretty lack luster.....almost down right boring. Villopoto picked up another win, and was 3 seconds in front of Stewart, who had a horrible start, at the finish.

Oakland 450 Supercross Results 2014

1. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
2. James Stewart (Suzuki)
3. Chad Reed (Kawasaki)
4. Ryan Dungey (KTM)
5. Justin Brayton (Yamaha)

450 Championship Points 2014

1. Ryan Villopoto, 84
2. Chad Reed, 77
3. Ken Roczen, 75
4. Ryan Dungey, 75
5. Justin Brayton, 71
6. James Stewart, 66
7. Justin Barcia, 56
8. Andrew Short, 49
9. Wil Hahn, 43
10. Jake Weimer, 37

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #47
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think they need to make the tracks less busy, like in the 80's and 90's and let them riders haul some azz! The tracks are too slow. I would love to take out 1/2 the jumps and have more wide open straights with a massive dbl. in the middle. Reed 2nd in pts! its about time in the next couple races for rv or js to take each other out. I dont think rv will finish the season.
Unread 02-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #48
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

OK, OK, its round 5....

2/1 10:00 PM ET Anaheim, CA - LIVE 450SX and 250SX Original Fox Sports 1

I hope there's some better racing than last week.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #49
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anaheim III 450 Supercross Results 2014
1. Chad Reed (Kawasaki)
2. Ken Roczen (KTM)
3. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
4. Justin Barcia (Honda)
5. Weston Peick (Suzuki)

450 Supercross Points 2014
1. Ryan Villopoto, 104
2. Chad Reed, 102
3. Ken Roczen, 97
4. Justin Brayton, 86
5. James Stewart, 80

The main was pretty good, Reed jumped into the lead and Roczen chased him the entire way. Villopoto faded and Stewart and Dungey crashed....again.

The start was too short, they gotta give these guys more room before turn one.

Those that counted out Reed are eating their words now.

Unread 02-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #50
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I can actually keep watching now. Maybe RV won't win again.

And when did Reed go to Kawasaki?
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #51
JeepPirate
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is Reed's first year with Kawasaki, and he's making me look pretty dumb because I was one of the ones who counted him out. I knew he was a top ten guy but he's riding much better than I expected. There are a lot of people who could win any given race this year which is awesome. I am going to Atlanta at the end of this month and am very excited to see it all live.
JeepPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #52
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
450 Championship Points 2014

1. Ryan Villopoto, 84
2. Chad Reed, 77
3. Ken Roczen, 75
4. Ryan Dungey, 75
5. Justin Brayton, 71
6. James Stewart, 66
7. Justin Barcia, 56
8. Andrew Short, 49
9. Wil Hahn, 43
10. Jake Weimer, 37
My pre-season predictions ().

1: Villopoto (1)
2: Reed (2)
3: Stewart (6)
4: Barcia (7)
5: Dungey (4)

At least all the guys I picked are in the top ten.

Unread 02-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #53
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepPirate View Post
This is Reed's first year with Kawasaki, and he's making me look pretty dumb because I was one of the ones who counted him out. I knew he was a top ten guy but he's riding much better than I expected. There are a lot of people who could win any given race this year which is awesome. I am going to Atlanta at the end of this month and am very excited to see it all live.
I knew he rode with Honda last year with his team, 22 Racing. I thought I remember him saying he was happy with Honda.
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #54
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
I knew he rode with Honda last year with his team, 22 Racing. I thought I remember him saying he was happy with Honda.
He almost went to KTM this year, but went with Kawi instead. I think he's just getting started, as he's getting the bike dialed in. I'm no Reed fan, but I like Villopoto even less.

I think he's happy with whoever will pay him.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #55
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

where the hell has Barcia Been? hes not even a factor! Im really surprised with Js7,I thought he would have won one by now. REED is getting good, Rocsen is surprising me alot [I kind of like him, he was cool to cr22] RV2 is a excuse man. Great season so far, Milsaps is gonna f--- things up for em all in a few weeks lol. Davi has top 5 speed with no title to chase so hes gonna try and win em all! hahn and tomac are struggling, welcome to the big boy game.
Unread 02-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #56
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I hope Davi makes it back soon and makes things interesting.

I thought Barcia would do better, but you barely hear his name.

Stewart seems to be missing a little something, conditioning or set up.

Unread 02-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #57
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This weeks race:

2/8 10:30 PM ET San Diego, CA - LIVE 450SX and 250SX Original Fox Sports 1

And a throw back photo.....

Unread 02-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #58
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Im really happy for cr22, he was publicly unhappy with his bike last outdoor season and even quit the season early. He was really considering ktm's untill a test ride and sit down with mitch at procircuit. he claims hes in good shape but admits in a few articles that he really enjoys the off season [without training] but the young guys like rocsen are training everyday 352 days a year. He later stated if hes healthy next year hes only taking a few weeks off. Im willing to bet thats whats wrong with js7, the old norm was to take a break, Mcgraph did very little training by todays standards. Ricky came in and stepped up his whole program and today his techniques are not as good as tomacs,barcias ect. I really believe that with this top ten guys conditioning is everything. js7 is still one of the fastest but, only last 5 laps.
Oh yeah almost forgot,, cr22 was complaining about the tracks being too easy [wtf] he says the speeds are way to fast! he wants them to be more technical to showcase the premier riders talents. also on the 250's Dean wilson won me over by responding to me on twitter [i know its stupid] but hey,,, i cheer for him now. lol
Unread 02-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #59
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's time!

Unread 02-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #60
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I predicted a Stewart win and an Villopoto crash, and get injured....turns out I was half right, but it was Reed that crashed, and got injured. Chad hit Roczen's rear tire in the whoops and went down hard. It looked like he hurt his right shoulder and they say he was spitting up blood and was taken to the hospital. I don't think there have been this many different winners in years, and we're not even half way through the season. Villopoto was on Stewart's rear tire for most of the race, but James held it together and took the win.

San Diego Results:

1. 7 James Stewart
2. 1 Ryan Villopoto
3. 94 Ken Roczen
4. 5 Ryan Dungey
5. 40 Weston Peick

450 Standings:

1. 1 Ryan Villopoto
2. 94 Ken Roczen
3. 22 Chad Reed
4. 7 James Stewart
5. 10 Justin Brayton

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.