2013-2014 NFL season thread - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2013-2014 NFL season thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #601
nwiTJdave

Sherman's got nothing on Dennis Rodman and I was/am a Bulls fan. If I could love Rodman and his antics, dealing witg a game a week is child's play. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #602
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

So, who's going to win the Super Bowl?

I'll take Denver 38-24.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #603
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
So, who's going to win the Super Bowl?

I'll take Denver 38-24.
Me too; like to see Manning get another ring. I'm just glad the Niners lost, so I'm good at this point.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #604
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ
I'm not saying people can't hate him, I'm just surprised at the massive backlash from what was fairly pedestrian and vanilla as far as trash talk goes.

Gonna let everyone in on a little secret...he doesn't give a **** what you think. Hate away! Fuel the fire!
True, it's a common part of football and I'm amazed that it's been such a big story. The bulk of NFL players seem to have a room temperature IQ, so why do people get surprised when they behave accordingly?

Football = Circus ... it's just entertainment folks.
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #605
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead

Maybe it's the part of the country you live in or maybe you're racist, but thug has a lot more to do with ones rap sheet than skin color where I am from
Same here; we call them goons and also thugs in hockey and 90% of the guys we play against are white. I don't know where race comes into play, unless a person has been steeped in the PC tea so long as to look for issues that don't exist.

We played a guy that put a head shot (cross-check to the head) of a teammate this past weekend and first word I thought was "thug" ... his last name happens to be Polish; doesn't mean that I dislike Poles or associate thugery with people of Polish origin/descent.
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #606
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If Denver does win the Superbowl do you think Manning will retire?
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #607
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS View Post
If Denver does win the Superbowl do you think Manning will retire?
No....but it'd be hard to top this season, if he wins.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-22-2014, 03:08 AM   #608
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
Same here; we call them goons and also thugs in hockey and 90% of the guys we play against are white. I don't know where race comes into play, unless a person has been steeped in the PC tea so long as to look for issues that don't exist..

http://regressing.deadspin.com/the-w...day-1506098319

Quote:
The word "thug" has been used so many times by the same sort of people about the same sort of thing that it's no longer even accurate to call it code—it's really more of a shorthand. It means a black guy who makes white folks a little more uncomfortable than they prefer. On Sunday night, Richard Sherman made a lot of people uncomfortable. Then on Monday, people said thug on TV more often than on any other day in the past three years.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #609
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Wow, now he is playing the race card. Even bigger dirtbag now.
Unread 01-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #610
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
I called him a jerk.....is that racist too?

Unread 01-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #611
turtlerace

1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post

I called him a jerk.....is that racist too?
Are you white?

Then yes, everything you do is racist.
Unread 01-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #612
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cute. Now go watch the SoundFX and you'll see why he said what he said about poor sport Crabtree.

Unread 01-23-2014, 06:05 AM   #613
turtlerace

1979 J-Series Truck 

So sorry, did we step on your toes again homer?
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:30 AM   #614
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Cute. Now go watch the SoundFX and you'll see why he said what he said about poor sport Crabtree.
It doesn't matter why he said what he said, it's how he said it and when, that made him look like a jerk.

Unread 01-23-2014, 06:37 AM   #615
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Seems more like Sherman stepped on america's toes -- and apparently did some massive curb stomping on yours. Trash talk is just a part of sports and competition in general and to single any one guy out for it is moronic, but if it offends your demure sensibilities...oh well. A-bloo-bloo. So much sand.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.