2013-14 NHL season - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2013-14 NHL season

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 01-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #871
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

I keep missing the stadium series games. Was Dodger Stadium actually packed? I'm not sure palm trees and a beach volleyball court make for a good hockey setting (saw the video clips on ESPN), but I suppose anything that promotes the game.

DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #872
Trendsetter75
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Stadium game in hot weather deceits the purpose, but the Bronx game was good, Rangers set a record of scoring the most goals in an outside game.
Unread 01-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #873
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't watch the stadium series games. I hate the idea behind them and it's just another way for greedy Bettman to make more money. Call me lame, but the outdoor game (Winter Classic) is supposed to be special to play in and this year that went out the window with the stadium series BS.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #874
Trendsetter75
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
I didn't watch the stadium series games. I hate the idea behind them and it's just another way for greedy Bettman to make more money. Call me lame, but the outdoor game (Winter Classic) is supposed to be special to play in and this year that went out the window with the stadium series BS.
Its good for the sport people that dont like hockey thought it was cool
Unread 01-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #875
nwiTJdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
I keep missing the stadium series games. Was Dodger Stadium actually packed? I'm not sure palm trees and a beach volleyball court make for a good hockey setting (saw the video clips on ESPN), but I suppose anything that promotes the game.
Wednesday nigh t is another

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #876
nwiTJdave

Quote:
I like it. Who cares if it us just a profit based idea? I think the outdoor games create a cool atmosphere that is not obtainable inside. Most of these guys started playing p outside as kids anyways.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 04:33 AM   #877
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Trade rumor going around between Caps/Sabres. Miller and Grigorenko for Neuvirth, 1st and 2nd 2014 pick and Chandler Stephenson.

Aka, the most ridiculous trade rumor I've heard yet. The salary hit the Caps would take with Miller would mean that Holtby would have to go to Hershey and Grubauer would have to be his backup, not to mention the Caps are losing way too much in that. But hey, the Caps have done dumber things before, like trade Forsberg for Erat . I'm an Erat fan but even I know that was a bad move.
Buyout for erat instead would give us the cap space.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 04:18 AM   #878
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
I like it. Who cares if it us just a profit based idea? I think the outdoor games create a cool atmosphere that is not obtainable inside. Most of these guys started playing p outside as kids anyways.

The Winter Classic was supposed to be an honor to play in because it was one outdoor game a year to throw it back to old school hockey. Then Bettman brings in this stadium BS just so he has more money in his pocket and suddenly the Winter Classic is no longer special.

I hope it's only for this season. I'll be going to the 2015 Winter Classic in DC next year hopefully.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 04:24 AM   #879
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

^^^Agree 100% with what you said, but at the same time I sort of like extra outside games, and most of the players like them too.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #880
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why the hatred of a good thing? Players enjoy it and fans enjoy it.

What does betteman have to do with anything? Do people really think he makes any decisions or extra profit? Hes a puppet paid by the owners to do the dance so they can remain wallflowers
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #881
LuckyPuck
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I love the winter classic and I like the stadium series.

I think as long as the winter classic is the New years day game and is promoted as THE outdoor game then I don't mind the other games and don't think it takes anything away from it.

Now if they make they ever do the Winter CLassic in a warm weather game then they'll lose me..

Currently on my 14th Jeep (2006 LJ 4.0 Auto, 3"lift, Pro Comp Extreme wheels, tranny cooler)
LuckyPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #882
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sid consulted toews before announcing he will be the captain for Canada, that's classy right there
Unread 01-28-2014, 04:26 PM   #883
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
Sid consulted toews before announcing he will be the captain for Canada, that's classy right there
It made big news. He said that since Toews has two cups he should have his say in it too
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #884
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Pens View Post

It made big news. He said that since Toews has two cups he should have his say in it too
I just read about it today, and toews knew going in that Sid is the guy. Shows a lot of leadership and class by both players and babcock (****ing ******)
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #885
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
I just read about it today, and toews knew going in that Sid is the guy. Shows a lot of leadership and class by both players and babcock (****ing ******)
Yea. I hope they lose to USA in the gold medal game though haha.
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.