2013-14 NHL season - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2013-14 NHL season

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #826
LuckyPuck
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Disjointed and taking bad penalties... Everytime they get someone back they fell apart.

Currently on my 14th Jeep (2006 LJ 4.0 Auto, 3"lift, Pro Comp Extreme wheels, tranny cooler)
LuckyPuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #827
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyPuck
Disjointed and taking bad penalties... Everytime they get someone back they fell apart.
Kills the chemistry and momentum they had. Only one game. Get some practices under their belts and will be ready for Montreal on Wednesday.
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #828
nwiTJdave

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1390272036691.jpg  

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #829
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave
Hahaha
Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #830
LuckyPuck
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Pens View Post
Kills the chemistry and momentum they had. Only one game. Get some practices under their belts and will be ready for Montreal on Wednesday.
Bring on Montreal....

Can we at least all agree to hate Montreal???????

I mean they've got like 25 cups.... Mostly from stacking the deck so its not like they earned them..

Currently on my 14th Jeep (2006 LJ 4.0 Auto, 3"lift, Pro Comp Extreme wheels, tranny cooler)
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #831
Hurley91

Finally Toronto is starting to play good. Still making dumb mistakes, but I'll take a 5 game win streak. Now we have to take on Colorado tomorrow.
Unread 01-21-2014, 04:58 AM   #832
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hold on a second. So Torts goes into the Flames locker room and gets 15 days off as a coach without pay. James Neal knees a guy in the head on purpose and gets 5 games? Somethings up but then again, I guess it all evens out.
Unread 01-21-2014, 05:31 AM   #833
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
Hold on a second. So Torts goes into the Flames locker room and gets 15 days off as a coach without pay. James Neal knees a guy in the head on purpose and gets 5 games? Somethings up but then again, I guess it all evens out.
The only thing I think could have factored there was Shanny doesn't take part in the coach suspension process and the fact the coach is suppose to "be an influence" and know better.

Now Neal should have got 10 games easily. But the NHL doesn't hand down suspensions evenly across the board. NHL should make the "repeat offender" status be within two years and any direct intentional hits to they head or boarding incidents start at five games. Intentional knee on knee hits should start at three games and any hit that results in injuries should be higher suspensions depending on significance to the injury. All these players need to learn from Cooke and clean their game up.
Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:36 AM   #834
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The only thing I think could have factored there was Shanny doesn't take part in the coach suspension process and the fact the coach is suppose to "be an influence" and know better.

Now Neal should have got 10 games easily. But the NHL doesn't hand down suspensions evenly across the board. NHL should make the "repeat offender" status be within two years and any direct intentional hits to they head or boarding incidents start at five games. Intentional knee on knee hits should start at three games and any hit that results in injuries should be higher suspensions depending on significance to the injury. All these players need to learn from Cooke and clean their game up.
Well said, 100 percent agreed.
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #835
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Torts is really only 6 games. I think they said 15 days so he can't be part of team events, even on off days
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #836
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
Torts is really only 6 games. I think they said 15 days so he can't be part of team events, even on off days
Yup. He can not have any contact with the team whatsoever during it. Watch them go 6-0 during that stretch
Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:52 AM   #837
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yup. He can not have any contact with the team whatsoever during it. Watch them go 6-0 during that stretch
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Torts isn't exactly a good coach. Pretty sure he makes the Sedin sisters cry at night.
Unread 01-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #838
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

In other good news....
image-3082642158.jpg

Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #839
LuckyPuck
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
In other good news....

I really like Vokoun so this is good news.....

BUT.....

Zatkoff has done a pretty good filling in for him and he still continues to improve under normal circumstances I'd say he has earned the backup spot...

BUT.... LOL

With Fleury's inconsistent playoff play I couldn't see Bylsma pulling Fleury for Zatkoff in the playoffs no matter how bad he fell apart, he's just to inexperienced for the playoffs.

IF Vokoun can come back and practice and then takes a a few games and doesn't appear too rusty he'd be the better bet going into the playoffs. If he comes back and doesn't look good then Danny boy will be making a tough decision, I wouldn't want to have to make that one.. If Fleury melts down this year there's no saving him, if Bylsma sticks by him again after another playoff nightmare then he'll be gone to.

Either way our goaltending is still our #1 problem.

( I'm not saying Fleury is a bad goaltender, a lot of the blame lies on the defense. Fleury isn't used to facing a lot of shots when the Pens get aggressive they have a lot of D-men jump in on the rush, this allows a lot of shots coming back the other way. If he faces 50 shots in a game he'll definitely let in a few.)

Unread 01-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #840
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyPuck
I really like Vokoun so this is good news..... BUT..... Zatkoff has done a pretty good filling in for him and he still continues to improve under normal circumstances I'd say he has earned the backup spot... BUT.... LOL With Fleury's inconsistent playoff play I couldn't see Bylsma pulling Fleury for Zatkoff in the playoffs no matter how bad he fell apart, he's just to inexperienced for the playoffs. IF Vokoun can come back and practice and then takes a a few games and doesn't appear too rusty he'd be the better bet going into the playoffs. If he comes back and doesn't look good then Danny boy will be making a tough decision, I wouldn't want to have to make that one.. If Fleury melts down this year there's no saving him, if Bylsma sticks by him again after another playoff nightmare then he'll be gone to. Either way our goaltending is still our #1 problem.
I can see sending V down to WBS baby Pens for a break in. Maybe five games and see how he does the. Maybe bring him back after the Olympic break and play him against Nashville in March. Pens have a tough schedule with games in Chicago(outdoor) game at SJ, Anaheim to finish a west swing and then a home/home series against Washington and Philly
Red Jeep Club #656

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.