2013-14 NHL season - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 1420 Old 09-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Swagger_Wagon
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oak Lawn, IL/South GA
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Pens View Post
that was a great game last night. At least it sounded good on the radio
Not a whole lot sounds bad coming from Mr. Wiedman! Did you listen on the gn app?

Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 1420 Old 09-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Swagger_Wagon
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oak Lawn, IL/South GA
Posts: 1,538
This Rockford south squad is not afraid to throw hands or the body. I like it. Fun to watch guys we've seen in Rockford for years in the Indian head sweater. Really hope Jimmy Hayes makes the roster.

Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline  
post #153 of 1420 Old 09-20-2013, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Steel4Pens
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wendell
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon
Not a whole lot sounds bad coming from Mr. Wiedman! Did you listen on the gn app?
I listened to the Penguins broadcast.

Freeman Park @ Carolina Beach Pass Holder
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline  
post #154 of 1420 Old 09-21-2013, 03:11 PM
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,536
So its looking like this fantasy league will be a no go as not enough participants. I will extend the draft by a week but if there still isn't enough interest, its getting scrapped.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.militaryjeepers.com

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline  
post #155 of 1420 Old 09-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Trendsetter75
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East
Posts: 1,568
I think the Blue Jackets have a real good team this year!

2010 JKU (6-spd)
Trendsetter75 is offline  
post #156 of 1420 Old 09-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Ironhead
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Westchester
Posts: 4,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon View Post
Really hope Jimmy Hayes makes the roster.
I was really big on him when they brought him and shaw up. hope he takes the next step.
Ironhead is online now  
post #157 of 1420 Old 09-22-2013, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Steel4Pens
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wendell
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave
So its looking like this fantasy league will be a no go as not enough participants. I will extend the draft by a week but if there still isn't enough interest, its getting scrapped. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ok. That's good cause my flight out of Boston is delayed. I'll be in the air still at nine

Freeman Park @ Carolina Beach Pass Holder
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline  
post #158 of 1420 Old 09-23-2013, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Steel4Pens
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wendell
Posts: 426
Haha
Attached Images
 

Freeman Park @ Carolina Beach Pass Holder
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline  
post #159 of 1420 Old 09-24-2013, 06:00 PM
DangFoo
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oakland
Posts: 4,125
Kessel suspended for the rest of the preseason. I'm not sure why he was using his stick like a hatchet; that whole swinging at Scott's legs the way he did was just goofy. If you have a super heavyweight coming at you; why not circle him until somebody steps in and at least save face???
DangFoo is offline  
post #160 of 1420 Old 09-26-2013, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Steel4Pens
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wendell
Posts: 426
There's been a lot of suspensions this preseason. I still wonder if they will keep the hybrid icing. I hope so.

Freeman Park @ Carolina Beach Pass Holder
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline  
post #161 of 1420 Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 AM
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford
Posts: 10,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
Kessel suspended for the rest of the preseason. I'm not sure why he was using his stick like a hatchet; that whole swinging at Scott's legs the way he did was just goofy. If you have a super heavyweight coming at you; why not circle him until somebody steps in and at least save face???
Because Kessel is a known ***** in the NHL. Not only does he dive every chance he gets, he can't defend himself when someone gets in his face.
2006_Sport is offline  
post #162 of 1420 Old 09-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Ironhead
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Westchester
Posts: 4,158
looking at my fantasy team from last year, and I really dont know how I assembled it or who I will keep. here are my top 10. gotta pick two

Toews
Zetterberg
Karlsson
Suter
Hossa
Bergeron
Stepan
Brown
Rask
Rinne
Ironhead is online now  
post #163 of 1420 Old 09-28-2013, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Steel4Pens
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wendell
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
looking at my fantasy team from last year, and I really dont know how I assembled it or who I will keep. here are my top 10. gotta pick two Toews Zetterberg Karlsson Suter Hossa Bergeron Stepan Brown Rask Rinne
Id go with Toews and Rask

Freeman Park @ Carolina Beach Pass Holder
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline  
post #164 of 1420 Old 09-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Hurley91
Registered User
2006  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport

Because Kessel is a known ***** in the NHL. Not only does he dive every chance he gets, he can't defend himself when someone gets in his face.
He dives? I'd like to see what you would do if someone 8"s taller, and 70lbs heavier punched you in the face.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Hurley91 is offline  
post #165 of 1420 Old 09-28-2013, 07:26 PM
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford
Posts: 10,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post

He dives? I'd like to see what you would do if someone 8"s taller, and 70lbs heavier punched you in the face.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Not slash at them with my stick like a *****. Its a ***** move and you know it. Its called being a ****ing hockey player and standing your ground. I've fought a few guys way bigger than me. You lose no respect defending yourself like a man. You lose respect by being a ***** about it like Kessel
2006_Sport is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome