Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2013-14 NHL season

50K views 1K replies 42 participants last post by  Sarahdactyl 
#1 ·
I figured with all the comments and such from last seasons thread that I would start one for this come season. Opening night puck drop will be here before we know it. No "What-ifs" this season worrying about the lockout. Whats your early predictions for this season? Any record streaks to start out the season like Chicago did last season? Will a team finally beat the Penguins record of 17 straight wins(past few seasons has had several teams come close)? Will the Blackhawks be able to defend their title? What team will be the sleeper this year?

#2 ·
I will be looking at different ways to start a Fantasy League this season. I am up for suggestions to what ones to use or what style you want to go with. Let me know who is interested in joining.

#4 ·
nwiTJdave said:
I've had good luck in the past with yahoo for fantasy hockey. I'd be in.
I've done yahoo also. I also thought about doing a separate pick-em type league just through here where we pick the winners of 10 games a week and have a scoring system for it.

#8 ·
The flames are already winners this season. Along with every other team that is NOT in the "Metropolitan" division.

Seriously, WTF was the nhl thinking?

The metro?

Glad my Wings are in the Atlantic, even though a Detroit team being in the "Atlantic" division doesn't make a butt load of sense either.

#10 ·
I have no Internet yet + awful service at my new house and didn't feel like looking for the old thread.

FYI NHL network is replaying the triple OT Game 1 right now. 7 mins left in the third right now.

#11 ·
And GO HAWKS!!!

EDIT:

I need an updated flag in my new room :)

#13 ·
Hardee har har :laugh:

#15 ·
The KHL is expanding so it wouldn't surprise me to see more players head over there instead of playing here. They offer an *** ton more money.

Obviously we all heard about Kovalchuk. "Retired" from the NHL at age 30, with like 8 years left on his contract, causes the Devils to get penalized every season till like 2021 then goes and announces that he is playing in the KHL for a **** ton more money.

I used to have respect for the guy, but after that I lost it all. Dirtbag move.

#16 ·
I don't think you'll see many more players leave. Geno said he wouldn't leave and even though Ovie has voiced that he would, I don't think he would go unless they won a cup in the next few years

#18 ·
Ironhead said:
i'm in for fantasy, I've been doing espn for a few seasons, great format
Are you going to buy the "melted ice" from Chicago from the Stanley Cup Finals? I might buy some just to have some history. I got a vial of water from melted ice from the igloo in Pittsburgh

#24 ·
DangFoo said:
That's scary ... 25 years just like that. If we can repeat such a huge trade in honor of said anniversary, then I'd like to ask that the San Jose Sharks acquire either Stamkos or Tavares. :D
I was only two. So I can't say I remember that day. I don't think there will ever be a trade of that size again.

#28 ·
I get "Center Ice" through comcast for about 160 every year. I always use it for my birthday present for myself---ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.