2012 AMA Supercross. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2012 AMA Supercross.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #76
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

SX class is over. Villipoto is 100 points ahead of everybody. SX Lites West is going strong though. Barcia probably has the East again.

Boring rest of year...just like last year.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #77
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the only race left that will be good is the east-west shootout! then ill predict barcia going down in a corner and tomac gets handed the win while barcia ends up outside the top three.
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #78
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe Stewart can man up and at least make it interesting.....but he'd have to stay on his bike for that to happen.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #79
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
Maybe Stewart can man up and at least make it interesting.....but he'd have to stay on his bike for that to happen.
Brayton has been right there a few times. Hopefully he'll get a win sometime. He deserves it.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #80
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Good for Shorty....he deserved and earned that win. He got in front, stayed there and got his first SX class win. RV went down in the main, not sure if he tore up his knee or not, but this is the season of injury, so it wouldn't surprise me. Stewart was a no show......that didn't surprise me either, I think he'll be looking for a new team real soon.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 04-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #81
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't been paying attention the past couple months. Kinda lost interest when Villipoto pulled away from everybody. Haven't even been watching the Lites. Offseason is going to be real interesting though.

I'm hoping Honda doesn't move Barcia up to SX. Although I think they will because Canard is injury prone and probably hasn't been meeting expectations the past couple years. I would hate to see them let him go. He's a hell of a racer...just gets hurt.

Just realized they're on different teams. I still thought Canard was on Gieco Honda, nope he's on Muscle Milk Honda. Still, off season will be interesting. Can't wait for the outdoors.

-Jack
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #82
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The AMA will be moving Barcia to the big boy class whether Honda wants to or not. You either point out or you win a championship and get another season to defend it. Then you're in for some 20 lap mains, assuming you make them.

How about Kenny with the heat race holeshot on the 350? I don't know why everybody on this side of the pond thinks it's such a slow bike. Cairoli has proven it's very capable of winning races and championships against 450's in Europe.
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #83
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

A 350 can beat a 450 all day. It's not about the bike, but about the rider. Well most of the time. It'd be interesting to see KTM field some more guys and be a major competitor in Supercross. They've got a great start with Dungey.

-Jack
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #84
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think stewart will win outdoor this summer, If he doesnt make a good run at the title his career is in big trouble!! he found out this year along with reed if they want to compete they will need more than talent.Thats when chad up'd his training and pushed his ability. JS7 just turned his wrist and hoped for the best. I believe JS completely under estimated the speed of the class when he came back. Hell all these guys are tons faster than when james was on top. I think Kdub is riding better than RC a few years back.
bottom line is step up and train,push your limits, collect cash and prizes.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #85
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Things just got easier for the outdoor series:

Quote:
Monster Energy Kawasaki announced today that Ryan Villopoto's knee injury from the Seattle Supercross will keep him off of the track for the rest of the 2012 Monster Energy Supercross Championship and the entire 2012 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship.
So things are going to be a little less exciting, right from the get go.

Unread 04-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #86
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICER1
I think stewart will win outdoor this summer, If he doesnt make a good run at the title his career is in big trouble!! he found out this year along with reed if they want to compete they will need more than talent.Thats when chad up'd his training and pushed his ability. JS7 just turned his wrist and hoped for the best. I believe JS completely under estimated the speed of the class when he came back. Hell all these guys are tons faster than when james was on top. I think Kdub is riding better than RC a few years back.
bottom line is step up and train,push your limits, collect cash and prizes.
Reed has always been well trained. He just doesn't always have the outright speed that RV and JS have. What makes him most dangerous is how smart he is. He will stay in his comfort zone and let the other two push themselves into mistakes and pick up the pieces. He's great at the mental game.

What makes RV so hard to beat is that he can go crazy fast and stay comfortable and his mental strengths are comparable to Reed's.
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #87
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8Hondas View Post
What makes RV so hard to beat is that he can go crazy fast and stay comfortable and his mental strengths are comparable to Reed's.
His knee strength must be comparable to Reed's too.

Unread 04-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #88
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

that sucks for RV, now its for sure gonna be JSs time. with reed coming back and not much time, if at all on the bike, hes not gonna get it done. my only hope is that Barcia can push the guys up front. Im also trying to get my freinds to call Js7 by his should be real name James Alesi. LOL All talk,poor attitude, great potential,no results!!!
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #89
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICER1
that sucks for RV, now its for sure gonna be JSs time. with reed coming back and not much time, if at all on the bike, hes not gonna get it done. my only hope is that Barcia can push the guys up front. Im also trying to get my freinds to call Js7 by his should be real name James Alesi. LOL All talk,poor attitude, great potential,no results!!!
Bubba (lol) will be lucky to still be with JGR at the end of SX season.

Unread 04-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #90
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06

Bubba (lol) will be lucky to still be with JGR at the end of SX season.
Seems to be a lot of rumors (emphasis on rumors) flying around about him switching to some Suzuki team.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.