2012 AMA Supercross. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2012 AMA Supercross.

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 03-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #61
Hurley91

God damn it! I should have went to it tonight. A bunch of people I know are there now... my sister is even there.

Unread 03-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #62
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
God damn it! I should have went to it tonight. A bunch of people I know are there now... my sister is even there.
Should of, would of, could of.....

There's been some good action tonight, just not much of it for the actual lead.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #63
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
Should of, would of, could of.....

There's been some good action tonight, just not much of it for the actual lead.
That three wide action early in the 250f main was pretty good. Too bad they slowed themselves down and Barcia and Roczen got away fast. Too bad Roczen was sick again too. Hopefully he can get a win before the season is over.

I was bummed about Mookie looking so good in the heat and then sucking it up in the main. It'd be nice of he could at least get a podium.

Bogle needs to quit being a weiner about everything. Somebody bumps you when you stall, then don't stall next time. Somebody is in front of you and obviously fading your direction over a jump, back off or switch lines and go on their other side. Don't wave your arms at them like a ******* after you go down and it's your own fault.
Unread 03-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #64
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The 250's are the only thing really worth watching right now. The 450's bored me more than it has in a long time. I was asking for RV to fall down, then he almost lost it in the whoops. I didn't want him to get hurt, just make it a bit closer.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #65
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
The 250's are the only thing really worth watching right now. The 450's bored me more than it has in a long time. I was asking for RV to fall down, then he almost lost it in the whoops. I didn't want him to get hurt, just make it a bit closer.
Same here, and I'm an RV fan. Haha. Again, I was hoping Brayton would put up more of a fight. Just made a little mistake and let him by. Good to see K Dub on the box tonight, that kind of goes without saying though. Everybody likes K Dub.

Somebody needs to give Barcia a taste of his own medicine. Arrogant bastard. He didn't do anything too *******-ish tonight but somebody still needed to give him a good slam or intentional roost. I wouldn't be letting him push me around like they have been. It might happen once or twice, but the third time would be paid back.
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #66
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Im tired of Bogels attitude myself, How about ben townly riding outdoors for reed? I still refuse to support RV, But there is no one else. bring back carmicheal. RC was hangin with RV in daytonas practice rumor has it 1 sec off his lap times without doin triples
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:52 AM   #67
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I call BS on those practice times by the GOAT. RV must have just been warming up.
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #68
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

your probally right about rc, But hes still faster than the rest of the current field! remember how well Mcgrath did a few years ago after being out twice as long as RC. MC finished a average of 4th behind reed,stewart, and larocco. Or even john dowd being 40 at one of the outdoor tracks got in the top ten at age 40. So I really think rc could win a few more yet. reed really stepped up,now its js7's turn,
By the way what is your ridin,or racing backgrounds?
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #69
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICER1
your probally right about rc, But hes still faster than the rest of the current field! remember how well Mcgrath did a few years ago after being out twice as long as RC. MC finished a average of 4th behind reed,stewart, and larocco. Or even john dowd being 40 at one of the outdoor tracks got in the top ten at age 40. So I really think rc could win a few more yet. reed really stepped up,now its js7's turn,
By the way what is your ridin,or racing backgrounds?
John Dowd is a hoss. They don't call him the junkyard dog for nothing. He didn't just race Southwick last year either. He ran one or two others (don't remember which ones). I also think Rac could win a few more but it would take a lot of training to get him back into shape. He's porked out quite since he retired.

My dad and uncles grew up riding all over the place around here but never raced. My older cousins all started riding so naturally I wanted to ride too. I've been riding for a little over 13 years now and racing motocross for about six. My little brother was actually the first one in our family to race (he got third out of 22 riders in the 50cc Jr class at his first race).

My bikes in chronological order:
1988 KX80 (it was three years older than me but I loved it)
1997 YZ125 (learned that jumping is the easiest part of mx)
2004 KX125 (learned that cornering is the most important part of mx)
2006 YZ250 (grip with your knees not your hands, if you don't, arm pump is basically instantaneous)
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #70
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

much respect,,,, my bikes
1]1971 yamaha 80 setup for flat track [it was 5yrs old]raced 1 flat track age 5
2]1980 yz80 holy crap that was fast back then LOL bought new Raced open minis
3]1982 atc 110 fun for winter [bought new]
4]early 80's 125 honda elsinore. first 125 race bike but next year went back to the 80
5]1984 yz 125 new[125c-125b]
6]1988 yz 125 new[125a, schoolboy]
7]1992 cr125 dealer loaner [125a, open]
8]1995 cr125 dealer loaner
9]1996 cr125 dealer loaner which I purchased after season
1997 quit racing
10]2001 cr125 [its 2007] raced vintage aprox 5or6 times one some lost some
a few quads here and there but i couldnot ride them like there meant to be.
I raced borrowed cr250,cr500 but could not ride them well either.
I blew alot of money,time, dropped out of college, but would do it all again.
you can't ever replicate the goodtimes and memories.
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #71
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I may be off on a few but its been 30or so years,LOL Im 41 now
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #72
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That's quite a list.

I doubt I will ever make it into the A class. I don't have any fast friends to try and keep up with. There are a couple brothers who race A and live about 15 minutes away but they ride all over the midwest so they aren't around. I have one friend who was a midpack B rider until he went to tech school and quit riding for two years. He just graduated and is getting back into it but he's really rusty, as you would expect. Luckily he went to school for heavy equipment operation and his soon-to-be boss (who is also a friend of my dad and uncle) rides, so maybe we can build a nice track on his property. He's talked about it before but never actually built anything.

Btw, in case I neglected to mention it, I ride C class. I'll jump just about anything but I suck at corners for some reason.
Unread 03-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #73
NICER1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was self taught myself, but here are some methods I used. But they need to be done over and over..
1] Go to your practice track,or riding spot. ANY where you can do a timed lap.
do 3 fast laps. record highest one to compare later. then do the whole lap 5-10 times only in 2nd gear, then 3rd and so on.going as fast as you can.Dont shift!!! you will find what you were doing in 2nd and 3rd you now can do in 4th and 5th. Its all about clutch, corners, momentum,and not over braking.
2] I never practiced with my idle screw in my carb. Every time you let off gas the bike will die. This will make staying on gas become second nature. You will start to keep gas hand pegged even when braking,and cornering.
3] take your seat off. I also would ride 5-10 laps at speed with no seat. On your feet=fast. the only time you sit should be in corners.
4] when racing, your going as fast as you can I would find spots to shift up.
pretty soon you will be shifting up 15ft before a jump and downshifting in the air.
I know some of these may seem strange but they do work.
Unread 03-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #74
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I can do things in the air no problem. I mastered brake tapping and shifting in the air in one afternoon when it took most other riders I know at least a couple days.

They can pick up techniques for when your tires are on the ground much faster than me though. I really have problems with techniques that involve the front brake and throttle at the same time. No matter how hard I try and not do it, when my wrist rolls back if my fingers are on the brake lever they want to stay there, pulling the lever. It ruins my starts (which are somehow good enough to get holeshots without any fancy technique, haven't tried one on the 250 yet though) and makes it hard to corner without unsettling the suspension.

Problems I know I have are overbraking, rough transitions in corners, and a mental block against leaning the bike over very far (sitting or standing) unless there's a good rut.
Unread 04-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #75
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

K-dub down and out.
Stewart, down and out.....again.
RV, already the champ.
2012 Supercross, the most boring season ever.....competition wise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.