2012-2013 NHL Season - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2012-2013 NHL Season

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #16
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport

Hopefully something good comes about so I have a reason to wear my Caps jerseys this year.
Hopefully. I plan on making a few trips to Washington to watch some games. I dislike the Caps but they play good hockey and it would be nice to watch some.

Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #17
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Pens View Post
Hopefully. I plan on making a few trips to Washington to watch some games. I dislike the Caps but they play good hockey and it would be nice to watch some.
Shoot me a PM when you plan on coming down. I'll try and make it to a couple. The pens/caps games always sell out though.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #18
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Shoot me a PM when you plan on coming down. I'll try and make it to a couple. The pens/caps games always sell out though.
Will do. I don't know if ill be able to make one of the Pens games there. It all depends on what games im off for and what games I can get tickets to. I have a connection there that hopefully can help me get tickets.
Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #19
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Will do. I don't know if ill be able to make one of the Pens games there. It all depends on what games im off for and what games I can get tickets to. I have a connection there that hopefully can help me get tickets.
Good stuff. I'll go to any game obviously. I haven't been to a pens caps game in 2 years because of how popular they are now.

Any word on the meeting?

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #20
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Good stuff. I'll go to any game obviously. I haven't been to a pens caps game in 2 years because of how popular they are now.

Any word on the meeting?
From what I read it doesn't sound like much progress was made. Let's start taking bets on how long the lockout will last
Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 09-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I guess I'll just have to hope for a shortened season at this point

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #22
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ahh another lockout, that clown Gary Bettman should just resign now.
Unread 09-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
jeepwhore
Lucky S.O.B.

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
One thing that might help convince the owners not to lock out is that in Qubec and Alberta, the NHLPA is not certified as a union in their province so the Flames, Oilers and Canadiens do not have to lock their players out. So basically their players can have team practices every day while every other team can not. This might make the owners more driven not to lock out their players and give three other teams the advantage of extra team skates and practices.

One can only hope, if not come Saturday night at midnight, they are locked out.
Well if there's anyone that needs the advantage of practicing when no one else can it's the flames, habs and coilers!

As far as negotiations go, I'm surprised the last offer from the owners was as good as it was. 49% share of HRR while keeping the current definiton of HRR with a gradual roll back over the last 3 years of the CBA. Unfortunately the NHLPA actually has a leader with a spine this time and I have a feeling they'll be standing firm after what they gave up the last time. I'm doubtful there will be a season this year with the two sides still so far apart. But with the new restrictions the KHL put on NHL players there will be less high end talent able to play over there so maybe it'll force the issue.......and yes, Bettman should get the axe. Three work stoppages under his reign yet he still has a job because he's making the owners money......fools.

On the plus side, the extra time not spent watching hockey might mean my Jeep actually gets done over the winter.......
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #24
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
Well if there's anyone that needs the advantage of practicing when no one else can it's the flames, habs and coilers!
Boo! Go Habs Go!

Unread 09-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #25
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross00TJ View Post
Boo! Go Habs Go!

You mean, boo! habs Boo!

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 09-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #26
jeepwhore
Lucky S.O.B.

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross00TJ View Post
Boo! Go Habs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
You mean, boo! habs Boo!
In truth I don't care either way about the habs......the retards that run their province is another thing......one day maybe my taxes will stop paying for their cheap child care and tuition.......yeah right.....
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #27
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

50 hours till the lockout. :-(
Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #28
nwiTJdave

Yea, i know both sides were reviewing each others contracts today but i dont see this season starting on time

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #29
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave
Yea, i know both sides were reviewing each others contracts today but i dont see this season starting on time
Owners voted unanimously to lock out if no deal is made by midnight Saturday.......but Bettman does not want to have a lockout "its the last thing he wants to do"

Then why don't he let them play while they negotiate????
Red Jeep Club #656
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #30
nwiTJdave

because Bettman is getting to be a joke. Ok maybe saying getting was giving him to much leeway

Hes in too much of the hands of the owners as most commissioners are nowadays. They are no longer facilitators acting on behalf of both sides. And NHL owners are getting to be too greedy. I understand its their investment and should keep as much revenue as possible but its their fault some of these players contracts are out of control.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.