2010 Easter Jeep Safari MOAB - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2010 Easter Jeep Safari MOAB

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

2010 Easter Jeep Safari MOAB

Just thought Id put a thread up incase anyone else is interested in joining our Jeep Forum group in Moab. We will be in running trails together during the upcoming EJS. We are also organizing a Meet & Greet for those from this forum - so even if you don't want to run with us, perhaps you would be interested in shaking a hand and tipping one back. Deadline for EJS registrations is next tuesday (16th.) so there is little time to waste if interested.

Check out the trip thread at:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/...il-4-a-947706/

Here is our current schedule and list of trails:

3/27 - Saturday (3 rigs)
Sevenmile Rim with EJS group "4" TrailDamage.com - Sevenmile Rim

3/28 - Sunday (4 rigs)
Dome Plateau "4" TrailDamage.com - Dome Plateau

3/29 - Monday (6 rigs)
Fins & Things with EJS group "4" TrailDamage.com - Fins & Things

3/30 - Tuesday (6 rigs)
Flat Iron Mesa "5" TrailDamage.com - Flat Iron Mesa

3/31 - Wednesday (7 rigs )
Poison Spider Mesa "5" TrailDamage.com - Poison Spider Mesa

4/1 - Thursday (4 rigs) (Meet & Greet after - 6PM Moab Diner..)
Steel Bender "6" TrailDamage.com - Steel Bender

4/2 - Friday (4 rigs)
Rose Garden Hill "6" then Top of the world if time permits "4" TrailDamage.com - Rose Garden Hill TrailDamage.com - Top Of The World

4/3 BIG Saturday (4 rigs)
Behind the Rocks (tip toe) with EJS group "5" TrailDamage.com - Behind The Rocks

4/4 Easter Sunday

Last edited by Idaho-Jeep; 02-24-2010 at 07:00 AM..
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Man I sure wish I could go. Every year a buddy brings in the event newspaper that they mail out. I pour through it page by page just wishing I could make it up there. Maybe next year.

I expect to see a giant thread with pictures when you get back.

"When you honestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do". www.despair.com
|_
|T|
Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I've never been during EJS. Where I'm only ~3 hours away I prefer to go when it's not such a zoo But lately I've been feeling like I've been missing out, so I think I'm gonna head down for a Friday & Saturday night this year... mostly to spectate. I wouldn't mind hanging out with a few fellow JFers tho
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #4
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal21 View Post
I've never been during EJS. Where I'm only ~3 hours away I prefer to go when it's not such a zoo But lately I've been feeling like I've been missing out, so I think I'm gonna head down for a Friday & Saturday night this year... mostly to spectate. I wouldn't mind hanging out with a few fellow JFers tho
This will be my 4th Spring trip to Moab but my first EJS. I just go when my kids get out for Spring Break and this year the two weeks coincide. In the past I have enjoyed the fact that the town and trails were a little quieter but I am really looking forward to seeing and taking part in this event this year.

If you decide to make the trip consider running a trail with us on Friday or Saturday - or at the very least meeting up with us and saying hello.
Unread 02-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for anyone heading to Moab.
Unread 02-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm driving 4,000 miles round trip for this EJS!

I've been to Moab several times before, but never during EJS. I figured if I am driving all the way back out there, I might as well see what the big event is all about.

If I get all of my trail requests, I'm running PSM with you guys on Wednesday and maybe Rose Garden Hill on Friday. If I don't get my trail choices, who knows what I'll do.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Have a great time out there. Looking at pictures from trips past that friends went out to makes me really want to dedicate time to go out.
Unread 02-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
scramblered
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My son's been bugging me for a while to go to Moab. Hopefully by next year I'll have the YJ modded enough to feel comfortable taking it.
scramblered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblered View Post
My son's been bugging me for a while to go to Moab. Hopefully by next year I'll have the YJ modded enough to feel comfortable taking it.
Quit saying "next year"! You still have time to register for EJS. A stock YJ will be fine with 75% of the trails in Moab including most of the ones our group is running.

Time to start planning and make it happen this year!
Unread 02-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
scramblered
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I appreciate the invite but the frame on my YJ looks like swiss cheese. I'd be afraid it would fold right up on the first big obstacle. I just got a different frame to replace it and if I had a decent place to work on it I'd try and get it done in time. I do want to do it next year and am trying to find a flattie to bring along with the YJ. Have fun all and hope to see you there next year. Dave
scramblered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Very cool idea! I Would love to meet up but my rides are booked through Thursday.
Mon - Rim
Tue - Golden Spike
Wed - Hells Revenge
Thur - Kanes Creek (weather permitting)
We keep Friday open and fly out on Saturday.
Black Jeep Society victim#19

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
ancestralworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #12
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wanted to bump this thread again. We have a Meet & Greet set up for Thursday April 1st - at Moab Diner 6PM Moab Diner Moab Utah Best Green Chili in Utah

So far we have about 7 JF members attending....
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
seatmech32
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Idaho-Jeep, that sounds good...this will be my 4th EJS but only second time actually participating in the trails. First 2 times didn't have the TJ. Last year ran Poison Spider Mesa and Fins 'n Things..both great trails. This year, as with last year, I will be with 2 other JF members and a total of 8 people in 2 TJ's and an XJ. We should be receiving our trail confirmations any time now!

[B]Colorado Jeep Club #167[/B]

[COLOR="White"]White Jeep Club #158[/COLOR]
seatmech32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #14
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatmech32 View Post
Idaho-Jeep, that sounds good...this will be my 4th EJS but only second time actually participating in the trails. First 2 times didn't have the TJ. Last year ran Poison Spider Mesa and Fins 'n Things..both great trails. This year, as with last year, I will be with 2 other JF members and a total of 8 people in 2 TJ's and an XJ. We should be receiving our trail confirmations any time now!
More the merrier.... You should consider running a trail or two with us too.
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #15
thorpy
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Vacation time just got approved today - heading out with my brother on March 27th. Coming all the way from Southwestern Ontario - 2800km both ways! Maybe we'll see you there!
Two Jeeps in the driveway - priceless.
thorpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.