Originally Posted by WhiteOut
Looking to buy one of these in the next month or two and have some questions.
1. Is there underseat storage in the quad cab models. Need somewhere to stash a full socket set, first aid kit and a tow strap.
2. I have been told I need to buy the 6 speed transmission only. I know that the 2008 models came with both the 4 and 6 speed. Is there a way to tell which is which? VIN number, etc...
3. Real world mileage? City, highway, combined
4. What are your biggest complaints about it? Biggest issues?
5. Best mods? NO LIFTS or power steps at all.
I'll be buying a quad cab with no more than 60k on it.
I have a 2008 quad cab, not 4wd though.
1. I keep a first aid kit, travel set of tools, and a crash bag ( jumper cables, bottle jack, flares, etc, under the backseat no problem.
2. Not sure about that one, think mines a 4 speed
3. I get about 17 in the city and 19-20 on the highway, I have the small V8 ( it's either a 4.6 or a 4.8, can't remember)
4. I have electrical problems, especially with the rear passenger locks and windows. Other than that, none. The stock tires sucked, no traction at all. Being 2wd, I was getting stuck in grass parking lots. Bought a set of BFG ATs, fixed it.
5. Mines pretty bare. I duck hunt a lot and have dogs, so no leather. I have the tow package and XM radio which are standard. I hate the center console though, it's an open model with no lid. Defin want to replace. Mine also didn't come with tow hooks in the front, I want to get a set of those as well. Or maybe just a low profile winch bumper.
I love the quad, so much room.