2 new custom hunting knives - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 2 new custom hunting knives

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Indy

2 new custom hunting knives

I meant for these to be xmas gifts but didnt get the done in time, so they get to be new years gifts instead.

First up, damascus steel with filework on the spine, buckeye burl scales and mosaic pins (also made by me). Im not a leatherworker but trying for an antique mountain man type sheaths. My cell pics dont quite do them justice.

2nd is also damascus and filework, buckeye but i went with solid copper pins.

Someday ill get around to making one for myself, i still hunt with store boughts

But i do have 3 nice blanks to use,so good chance ill upgrade for next season.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
macklamar
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that's really cool. Where do you get the blanks? Or do you make those too?
macklamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Loving the 2nd one!
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Indy

Thanks

The blanks for those 2 came from sundial knives. Im not set up to make damascus, leaving that to those with more tools and experience.

I finished up the last of the work on them tonight, they go out this week. Hopefully they go over well

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.