1979 CJ7 stall issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > 1979 CJ7 stall issue

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
JEEPMAN1977
1979 CJ7 

1979 CJ7 stall issue

First let me say I'm new and if I posted in the wrong place my apologies. I have used this site for the last year to learn and fix my CJ. I have finally finished getting this jeep together and have been driving it for the last three weeks 50 miles a day to test it before hunting season to make sure I wouldn't be stranded deep in the woods. I have also searched reviewed similar problems and still have not found the fix. I have a AMC 304 with a mallory distributor part # 4260011 and a mallory promaster coil part # 29440. Vehicle drove great for a week and then died while driving at 45 MPH acted like it was starving for fuel then backfired. Checked everything in the fuel system. I have new tank old lines glass filter before the fuel pump and filter after the pump with a new HOLLY 4 barrel. Then I decided to check timing good there also. After setting for an hour it started and no issues a week later same thing. It dies once a week and then will run great. NOTE I do have a fiberglass tub and have now come to a conclusion this has to be an ignition/ground issue but I have traced all wires and looks good. Anyone have any ideas?

image.jpg  
JEEPMAN1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.