Wifes CCW ideas. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Wifes CCW ideas.

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #46
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Not a fan of 380, but 39 special is a nice round. my daughter is somewhat small, and she loves my ex's revolver. small, 5 shot

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #47
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMac View Post
Be sure to test fire the P250 before committing, the trigger pull may not lead to accurate shots.
Trigger pull is often not considered by many people. I have a .45 that was had some trigger work done on it and I can fire it quicker and more accurate than my little Walther P22 with it crappy trigger.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #48
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
Not a fan of 380, but 39 special is a nice round. my daughter is somewhat small, and she loves my ex's revolver. small, 5 shot
Would you recommend it over the .38spcl?

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #49
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

I'd trust my wife with a 38spl. That's about as small as I'd want to see her go. She wants one cuz it's a "cowgirl gun." :face palm:

She does fine with my .40 and likes her 9mm too but apparently sometimes a girls gotta "cowgirl up." :double face palm:

And she hates westerns... So I really don't get the obsession. But a pink handled snub nosed 38 is apparently in my near gun buying future.
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #50
Justin04Lj

I bought my fiancé a .357 5 shooter snub. She loves it. I let her use the 38 spl rounds and I get to use the 357
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #51
AppStateTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for everyone's input. We picked up a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 38 special +p yesterday. I narrowed this decision down to the Ruger LCR and the S&W BG for several reasons. First my wife does not like self feeding handguns. I don't think she fully understands their operation, doesn't feel comfortable reacting to a failure, and simply doesn't trust them. Obviously I chose to back her decision for a wheel gun up, instead of explaining that a well maintained quality semi-auto will go bang every time and proper training will help with any potential failures. I have to choose my battles wisely.

Once we decided a revolver was in her future, we looked at a variety of snubys. I wanted the tried and true 38 spl with the +p option. It has decent power, I reload this caliber, and the recoil is manageable. We started looking at the LCR and the BG. Both have their advantages (made in USA for example), but she felt more comfortable shooting the S&W, so that's the one we left with.

Again thanks for everyone's input, it was a big help.
AppStateTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #52
Justin04Lj

Good decision on a revolver.
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #53
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Good revolver!
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #54
jondoe297
2004 WJ 

Sounds like you made a good decision, based on her input and needs. Good deal!
jondoe297 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #55
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by appstatetj View Post
wife just got her carry permit and i was wondering what the other girls are packing. 38 spl 380 9mm?

Thanks
s&w 340pd 38/357
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.