Trailer tents? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Trailer tents?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #16
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I gotcha there but there are 2 stakes that loop through the tent that form an X that support the canopy, they go through the holes in the tent that you drew and with a hook like that there would be no room for them. I will see if I can dig up a pic of the tent.

Thanks for the advice so far its getting me in the right direction

aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Heres a pic of the tent next to my old zj couple years back

Unread 08-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #18
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Alright for anyone searching on this topic, heres how I did mine. I took advice from this thread and my woman and got her set up so she aint going anywhere.

Doing some work on my gf's moms car and she paid me by buying us a tent. We picked out a 7ftx8ft tent that fits 2 twin matresses with room to spare. Then took some eye hooks, drilled a pilot hole and using a vice grips, threaded them in. Then used a carribeaner to the eye hook and ring on the tent and secured it. Very sturdy!

They make eye hooks with a nut so if you have a metal deck trailer you can make it work too. Thanks for everyones help
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #19
ontarioXJ

Ya man! Looks awesome!!

Thats what i meant about the caribeaners. You can just take it down fast if you needed.
Glad you updated the thread and good to see you got what you were looking for.
ontarioXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks man yeah its gonna work great! loading up tomorrow and going wheeling this weekend I will report back with how it does

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.