Tent trailer - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Tent trailer

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-16-2005, 06:48 AM   #16
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm.. that would work. That would be pretty easy actually with one of those pickup bed trailers... Only thing is I think a trailer made from a pickup bed is pretty redneck lookin'. It would be pretty damn functional though.

SlinkyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 06:13 PM   #17
redtab78

wouldnt be too red neck looking as long as you cleaned it up, painted the frame, lifted it, punt 33's to match (and a spare off the back just like the jeep) and welded/filled/painted tailgate with a frenched in liscense plate and matching bushwackers.....hell it might even be better that these other ones......course by the time you fixed it up like that youd have more money in it then a brand new tentrax...
[CENTER][COLOR=Black][FONT=Impact][SIZE=4]'05 BLACK JEEP CLUB #101[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Century Gothic]NAVY JEEP CLUB #25[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][COLOR=Black]AFW Front Bumper | OR Fab Rear | COBRA dx-19 IV | 1" M.O.R.E. BL | 1" M.O.R.E. MML
SHROCKWORKS rock sliders | TOUGHSTUFF hood rack | High Lift | ARB SNORKEL | 33x12.5x15 Timberline MT's on 15x8 Pro Comp 1079's | REBB [/COLOR][/B]
[/CENTER]
redtab78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 09:28 AM   #18
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by question57
I think I might just like those better than the teardrops... serve different purposes but could be more versatile, not as comfortable but...with a lift the cool factor is through the roof!

Now if you could lift a teardrop we got something LOL.
Here is my modified version of a teardrop.

31" mud terrain tires.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #19
btb601

For the RICH

If you are rolling in the money, check this one out:

http://www.kingkampers.com/kamper/overview.html
2002 4.0 Sport, 5-spd, Dana44 w/ Detroit Electra Locker, 4.5" R.E.- L A Lift, Old Man EMU Shocks,TrailMaster steering Stab, 5 Hellcats 10x15s, Good Year MT/R 35x12.5s,Warner Frt bumper/grill guard, Warner 9500TI winch, Tomken Rear Bumper and Carrier, Tera 4to1, SYE + CV drshft, Tomken Rock Sliders, , KC Titanium Lites
btb601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2005, 09:24 PM   #20
themajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn
Here is my modified version of a teardrop.

31" mud terrain tires.
Here's mine

Finished
Unread 11-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #21
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by themajor
Here's mine

Finished
Swap out the tires and you'll be set. Looks good. Did you build it yourself?

[Jeep Pics
Unread 11-27-2005, 06:04 AM   #22
blackZZR

Igofshn
don't you have a page with pics of that build on the teardrop, or is that a thread I saw on some board, what ever it was interesting and maybe you can link it here
blackZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2005, 07:11 AM   #23
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

teardrop
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZZR
Igofshn
don't you have a page with pics of that build on the teardrop, or is that a thread I saw on some board, what ever it was interesting and maybe you can link it here

[Jeep Pics
Unread 11-27-2005, 07:18 AM   #24
xxxflhrci

Look around for a used Time Out trailer. They are light and intended to be pulled behind bikes. Do a spring over and add bigger tire and you are set with a lightweight package.

http://www.timeout-trailers.com/ie/p...out/index.html
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #25
blackZZR

thanks Igofshn, that was it
so now give us a report now you are using it
blackZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2005, 06:59 PM   #26
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn
That's pretty sweet man. Do you have a guess on how much that weighs? I've been looking at little popups and other things, but building my own sounds so much more fun... And a hard roof might be more appealing to the woman.
SlinkyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2005, 12:36 AM   #27
Xtreme 96 XJ

So other than the "pop-up" trailers anyone have any ideas as how to sleep a family of 4? The local JEEP clubs claim to fame was back in the EARLY 60s they converted the old military trailers so that way they could always take camp with them.... never had a "base camp" put electric brakes on them a pintle hook & went everywhere, worked great for two or 3 folks all over the S.W. but I've got two kids & a XJ so I'm lean'n towards modifying a MJ bed with platforms that fold into the bed & then fold out and are supported by the side of the bed & legs...... have a local guy make up the tent...... I want a go just about anywhere trailer so I'm try'n to stay away from the "pop-ups". I guess I want too much......naaaaah!
Curt
Xtreme 96 XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2005, 08:07 AM   #28
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Check this out. Pretty nice, but BIG BUCKS!

http://www.ultimatecampers.com.au

"When you honestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do". www.despair.com
|_
|T|
Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #29
Navy-Jeepster
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We tow a Coleman Sedona behind our jeep.
I still need to do a spring over on it so it tows a little better behind our lifted jeep.

The hardest thing about towing, was finding a rear bumper that is rated for towing. Most are not. We ended up in getting the Warn rock crawler. It is rated for recovery, but not for towing.

Our camper is about at our max towing weight also. We have not connected the electric brakes on it, but will do that this summer for running some of the hills around here that we have to climb in and out of our wheeling spots.
I think California has a law about trailer brakes, or something about that. I need to research it some though.

We are not speeding down the road with our camper behind us now either. We are usually running with the truckers and other big campers in the slow lane here. Especially on the hills.

But it is nice having the camper to come back to after a day of wheeling. Easy to sit down and relax in. Big soft bed without any rocks to lay on.

The only disadvantage though, we can not drag it through Dusy with us though. We would have to break out our old tent for that trail.

Navy-Jeepster
Navy Hull #17, Air Force Jeep Member #25
Sponsors include
BFG
Raceline Wheels
Currie Enterprises
Poison Spyder Customs
Navy-Jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #30
Sk[pperB

tj trailer

was looking and found a jeep tj trailer that was made out offa tj cut off at the firewall and the bed was flat and the windows in the full doors were still working even had a hard top and it had a spare tire mounted on back the best part was it had a strait trailer axel and could be mover by on person with the little wheel on front Looked neat pulled by the same color jeep wiah I had a picture Think I would sell my pop up for something like that
Sk[pperB is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.