Tent Choice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Tent Choice

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 02-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
sublime600
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Tent Choice

Im looking for a good tent for this upcoming camping season and ive been looking around i found this one Coleman
Does anyone have any experience with this one? Last year my tent had a leaking problem and we all got soaked it sucked so this year thats not going to happen again. Any recommendations would be great im trying to stay under the 200-225 mark. Good quality and Leak protection and able to fit 6 people Thanks!

How are the Jeep brand tents?

Also does anyone go to Delaware Water Gap for camping i go to Dingmans Ferry just looking to see if maybe some people wanna meet up this summer. Thanks again!

sublime600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
ozjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have one of these, probably not what you're looking for but it's super nicehttp://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...0226&langId=-1
Unread 02-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
ronprice

http://www.4x4trucktents.com/page/925411 these are good tents
Unread 02-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
EagerJeeper

I have a Coleman cabin tent. It's either 7' or 9' x 15'. After I sealed the seams it didn't leak a drop. My tent is three years old. I'm pretty sure it's made the same way.
EagerJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Coleman makes very nice tents. I believe it's an 16x7 I own and it has held up very well.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
Ds4x4
1996 ZJ 

I have the Jeep Tent.. I like it.. Stays nice and Dry in a rainstorm.. used it once and woke up feeling like a waterbed.. accidentally put it in the wrong spot and under the tent was an inch of water but none came through.. I reccomend 100% got mine on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods in VA Beach last year or so....
OME Stab.; Rustys 2" BB + shocks, xtreme hi-lift, Kennesaw Rear MultiCarrier
Proud To Be A FF/EMT/Police/Military Club Member #15
Ds4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2007, 06:28 AM   #7
rxl
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If you rough it all conditions, full fly all the way. I've been camping in tents for along time and had every tent under the sun. The tent your looking at, i consider a fair weather tent. I have an Infinity with full rubberized fly that's been through mild hurricane conditions and held up nicely. High winds and driving rain has destroyed a couple tents of mine with partial flys that are attached to the tent poles rather than staked to the ground. Rarely do things get that bad for most people, but if it happens once, you'll rethink your tent situation in a hurry. I also have Columbia tents for fair weather, good air circulation and remote control lighting.

Canadian Jeep Club Member #7

99 GC limited
4.7 Quadradrive

97 TJ Sport
4.0 5 speed

99TJ Sahara
4.0 Auto

Sold to a life of blacktop
94 ZJ Limited
I6 Quadratrac
rxl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #8
JOJOJEEP
2009 KK Liberty 

I've owned this tent for several years and I love it !
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...uctId=39281720

My husband and I share it and the kids have their own (L shaped Coleman). We have our queen size air mattress, our clothes tote (22 gallon rubermade), a folding chair, the shoes mat and the dog bed in there with plenty of room.
It's been through many storms and has never leaked (seam seal yearly, spray seal once every couple of years or so).
JOJOJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2007, 05:53 AM   #9
rxl
1999 TJ Wrangler 

These are my severe and fair weather tents. The top tent is great for summer,Columbia,and the other is an Infinity all season tent

Canadian Jeep Club Member #7

99 GC limited
4.7 Quadradrive

97 TJ Sport
4.0 5 speed

99TJ Sahara
4.0 Auto

Sold to a life of blacktop
94 ZJ Limited
I6 Quadratrac
rxl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #10
toke
I_R_Food

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have the same tent you are considering ...its great so far prolly 10 outings fits me the kids and their freinds very stable in moderate wind

2001 Grand RIP

2004 Rubicon RIP
toke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.