Small Campers for Wranglers - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Small Campers for Wranglers

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 02-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #91
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey View Post
It does have power brakes, at only 980 pounds. I slammed my brake on hard a few times going though Atlanta and the whole rig stopped on a dime.

The only reason I didn't decide on a pop up was because of the canvas sides and set up time. seems this little Aliner has taken care of atleast half that problem, may come down to a matter of price.
The advantage to your tear drop is that you can stop anywhere and take a nap with no setup. That is a selling point to me, plus the low weight.

Now is that the 5 ft. wide tear drop? Did you select the wheels and tires or did they? Did you order directly through the manufacture or a dealer? And thanks for the photos!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #92
Josey
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Its a 6 wide plenty of room for the wife and a girlfriend if allowed. (Ima not allowed myself) The tires & wheels were the companies choice. You have to buy though a dealer, you can add all kindas of options like I had special lettering on the back hatch, no extra charge. I also had a sight and sound package put into it. Nothing like outback camping and getting to watch a movie or tv via 12 volt, extra nice during them wal-mart lay overs.
And you are correct while at new locations everyone else is putting up or breaking camp and I'm just standing around watching them poor people spending an hour setting up for a couple nights stay.

Last edited by Josey; 02-03-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #93
outlawjosywales
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Nice tear drop!

I'm thinking about one myself... one of these would be great, but a bit pricey. http://www.tinycamper.com/index.htm
thanks. i looked at the camp-inns. very nice but as you say very pricey. found this from a guy that builds them on the side. i believe mine was the number 41 he built. in seattle.
Unread 02-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #94
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Coleman has a new basic tent trailer going on the market by this April called the Switchback. Kind of a cool trailer. It is about 850 lbs., can carry another 500 lbs. I contacted Coleman and it will not have the option of trailer brakes. It would be a great way to carry a canoe! It's going to sell for $4,000 I believe.

http://www.colemantrailers.com/switchback

It's reviewed here on Pop-up Times: http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli....aspx?href=PUT

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #95
madmikey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This is what I pull around ,great little trailer but not very good for offroad.

madmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #96
ccrane2299
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Thanks for the review! If you can link to photos, we can post them. I can imagine you get a lot of questions. Now does your Little Rough Rider have brakes?

I've also looked at the Aliner. Did you get their "off-road" package that includes brakes? I also see that you bought the Classic. Would you have been as happy with the slightly shorter Sport? But I can see your point about having the back as a bed that you just leave it as with the Classic. Thanks as well for the post.
Yes, it came with the offroad package. I looked at all of them and had decided to buy the cheaper one. When it came time for financing, the cheaper one had a MUCH higher interest rate. SO, I was able to buy the highwall with the offroad package with brakes for less $ /month.

I pulled it through the Smokey Mountains to Pigeon Forge this past weekend behind the new (to me) LJ and it did great. It slowed me down a little going up the big hills but honestly, there were times I forgot it was back there....unless I was looking in the rearview mirror. It is nearly as tall as the Jeep.

I wanted the sport initially, but after going in a highwall, the sport felt cramped. My impression of these things was that they were going to be cramped, but you'd be able to stand up in the center to put your pants on. I found that to be the case in the smaller ones. The one I bought feels pretty roomy. The highwall makes it so you don't have to put the table up and down...you can just leave it up. It also comes with a bigger (taller) fridge and the stove and counter tops are higher. As I said before, after looking at the highwall, the other ones felt small.
ccrane2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #97
Randy77358
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I like mine,,,,
I can keep all my stuff in it, sleep in it and haul a kayak or canoe on top.
It's wired for shore power or generator or 12volt.
I have hauled it all they way to the valley and all over up here in east Texas.I like not having to hunt for stuff when I hit the road it is all in the camper.

Randy77358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #98
Stan99
1978 CJ7 

click free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy77358 View Post
I like mine,,,,
I can keep all my stuff in it, sleep in it and haul a kayak or canoe on top.
It's wired for shore power or generator or 12volt.
I have hauled it all they way to the valley and all over up here in east Texas.I like not having to hunt for stuff when I hit the road it is all in the camper.

Unread 02-20-2009, 12:42 AM   #99
outlawjosywales
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i like the rods & reels in the overhead!
Unread 02-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #100
madmikey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

here's another
Unread 02-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #101
Joker741

Which T@B is that? I really want a T@B T16-1 U-Shaped, but I can't bring myself to spend that much.

Oregon State
School of Pharmacy

Sold my 97 TJ, was looking for a TJ Rubicon, but school put that on hold.
Joker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 07:12 AM   #102
madmikey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker741 View Post
Which T@B is that? I really want a T@B T16-1 U-Shaped, but I can't bring myself to spend that much.

That is the U shaped T@B and it's great all tho I had alot of stuff come loose in it .I've beef it up somewhat but it sure isn't a trailer for off roading.

Dutchman is coming out with the T@G looks like a good little trailer.

Unread 03-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #103
BeeDub
2012 JK Wrangler 

There is a guy selling those Lil Guys right down the street from my office and I really like the idea of them, but I can't see spending so much on something so simplistic. Soooo, now I'm really trying to come up with ideas on how to build one myself, and trust me when I say that I have absolutely no RV building experience. Those things look so simply built, I'll just need to find the right platform trailer and go from there with the design. I'm getting waaay ahead of myself, but "someday, I will have it. Oh yes, it will be mine!" Muahahahaha!
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #104
halpeters
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDub View Post
Soooo, now I'm really trying to come up with ideas on how to build one myself, and trust me when I say that I have absolutely no RV building experience. Those things look so simply built, I'll just need to find the right platform trailer and go from there with the design. I'm getting waaay ahead of myself, but "someday, I will have it. Oh yes, it will be mine!" Muahahahaha!
I've toyed with the idea of building a tear drop... haven't got past the dreaming stage yet..

Check this out:

http://www.kuffelcreek.com/teardrops.htm

They look nice, and sounds like they have a good set of plans. If I built one, I would go all wood, instead of aluminum siding... But I like wood - I built a wood boat once 13 feet long, with a 15 horse outboard...

Hal
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #105
BeeDub
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by halpeters View Post
I've toyed with the idea of building a tear drop... haven't got past the dreaming stage yet..

Check this out:

http://www.kuffelcreek.com/teardrops.htm

They look nice, and sounds like they have a good set of plans. If I built one, I would go all wood, instead of aluminum siding... But I like wood - I built a wood boat once 13 feet long, with a 15 horse outboard...

Hal
Thanks for the idea of what to look for Hal! A wood one sounds nice. I think I'd try to go with the all composite/modern materials to maybe save a few pounds. Maybe even an aluminum frame for the trailer and the box, though I know nothing about this, so stop me if that would be a huge mistake. Check this link out and save your $100:

Click Here
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.