Small Campers for Wranglers - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Small Campers for Wranglers

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #46
COBRA5LADDICT

the coleman colorado is pretty rare, i looked for a few months before finding this one a 92 model. and the other i found was an 88.. beat in comparison.

i gont mine for $600.. it was a bit high i thought but i figure i could always sell and re-coop my investment.

the trailer weighs 600 lbs dry and can carry up to 1320 lbs. total weight

COBRA5LADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #47
Grt_Ape
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
The Sylvansport is about the slickest creation I've seen so far. Not as rugged as a Sherpa, but quite versatile.
Like a Swiss Army knife...

That's a sweet little trailer...But holy crap, it's like $8000 base before you start adding any options.

2006 LJ Rubicon
Grt_Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #48
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Everything that's really nice is really expensive....

But check out the Snopro U4x6KE, formerly by Thule; two sizes --- the small one at $2,002.00 isn't a bad deal at all. Just have to be lucky enough to find one at a dealer. Made in Maine.
http://www.thuletrailers.com/_fileli...e_Trailers.pdf
http://www.snoprotrailers.com/Produc...&ProductID=128

You'd have to throw your own RTT on it, but that's no big deal.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller

Last edited by Hilldweller; 09-02-2008 at 07:09 AM..
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #49
etphoto
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The Sylvansport looks sweet but where do you carry all your gear? I was looking for something along this line but needed something to carry gear and keep it dry at the same time. That is why I settled on the tentrax.

ET
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #50
4x4junkie
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Pop Ups

The pop-ups look great guys. Now ya just have to add a lift and tires so you can drag em thru the nasty stuff!

4x4junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #51
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

a woman in my club built this thing for herself. It's frickin' sweet!

http://www.nevadabackroaders.com/php...hp?f=11&t=1556
bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2008, 03:37 AM   #52
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, the Sylvansport would need additional boxes or drybags; but they're designed to carry atv's and a kayak too.... versatile....

The teardrops and pop-ups are very attractive as well but don't meet my personal criteria of small and light; when I finally do pull the trigger, the trailer has to fit in the garage in the void area in front of my Mini Cooper. That limits me to 6' wide max.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #53
TheGillz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, the Sylvansport would need additional boxes or drybags; but they're designed to carry atv's and a kayak too.... versatile....

The teardrops and pop-ups are very attractive as well but don't meet my personal criteria of small and light; when I finally do pull the trigger, the trailer has to fit in the garage in the void area in front of my Mini Cooper. That limits me to 6' wide max.
I don't think you are looking at the right teardrops then. The guy building my trailer has one that is 5x8. Real nice set up. He is building another for someone when mine is done.
0lllllll0
.....|/\\_|__|---------<=##=>
..... (o)_)-)_)........(o)_))_(o)_))_)
TheGillz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #54
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGillz View Post
I don't think you are looking at the right teardrops then. The guy building my trailer has one that is 5x8. Real nice set up. He is building another for someone when mine is done.
Dude, I'm 6'5" ---- unless I go custom, I can't fit in them. There's no room to hang off the bed in one...

I contacted the owner of Little Guy too and could've gotten a pretty good deal on a Little Rough Rider.

I'll most likely wait and get a Sherpa. The more I look at them the more I like them.

Unread 08-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #55
TheGillz
2008 JK Wrangler 

I was thisclose to getting a sherpa. Good product. imo
0lllllll0
.....|/\\_|__|---------<=##=>
..... (o)_)-)_)........(o)_))_(o)_))_)
TheGillz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #56
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGillz View Post
I was thisclose to getting a sherpa. Good product. imo
Did I ever ask how much $$ you have invested in your rig?

Unread 08-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #57
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I went and ordered the guide for building an Explorer Box Trailer (http://www.compactcampingconcepts.co...orer%20Box.htm). Interesting little trailer! I'm thinking of changing the plans to lift it and match the wheels and tires (once I lift my TJ). Oh yeah! I also found a place that sells short trailer axles ready with drum brakes (I think). I'm just in my thinking stage with all this, but I would like to have a trailer with a tent on top to get me off the ground!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:11 PM   #58
etphoto
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
I'm just in my thinking stage with all this,
Sometimes that is the best part.

ET
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2008, 02:59 AM   #59
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
I'm just in my thinking stage with all this, but I would like to have a trailer with a tent on top to get me off the ground!
That's how we all start.... ....beware the addiction.
Depending upon your degree of tolerance, it may progress from the small sensible affordable home-built wooden box on wheels to a Horizon Adventure Trailer with every option.
Or, if you hit the lottery, one of these:
http://www.earthroamer.com/galleries...otos/index.htm

If you build the wooden trailer, let me know how it works out for you. I've stared at that page on several occasions too...

Unread 08-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #60
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's how we all start.... ....beware the addiction.
Depending upon your degree of tolerance, it may progress from the small sensible affordable home-built wooden box on wheels to a Horizon Adventure Trailer with every option.
Or, if you hit the lottery, one of these:
http://www.earthroamer.com/galleries...otos/index.htm

If you build the wooden trailer, let me know how it works out for you. I've stared at that page on several occasions too...
Well with just a SWB TJ, I need to keep it low on weight! I'm even thinking ahead for trailer brakes as I want to tow it around the Rockies.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.