Ski or board? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Ski or board?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
gcan
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85CJEric View Post
Ski. Snowboarders are like obstacles or jumps when they perch in the middle of the hill and unbuckle from their boards.
hahaha my boys tell me to stop whining cause I'm a sissy skier. Then complain when I get off the lift and head down the hill while they are still trying to buckle in. Although I have to admit my 40yo butt is totally jealous when they can hop right back up from a fall and I have to wiggle and maneuver and adjust before I can right myself.

gcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
TJsjeeptj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie

It's fun. And easier than people think. When you start from the water the natural instinct is to pull yourself up, but that's when you fall. Let the boat pull you up.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
I use to wakeboard back when my family had a boat. That was my favorite thing to do. But you should definatly try snowboarding its really fun and easy enough to learn. I also skateboard too
TJsjeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #18
hub0619
2010 JK Wrangler 

Snowboard!! It's the only way to go. I usually board north jersey
hub0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #19
TJNINJA04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've been skiing since i was 6 yrs old and snowboarding is so easy compared to skiing, why else would everybody and they're brother want to snowboard other than its EASY to learn.
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #20
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJNINJA04 View Post
I've been skiing since i was 6 yrs old and snowboarding is so easy compared to skiing, why else would everybody and they're brother want to snowboard other than its EASY to learn.
I couldn't agree more.
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #21
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

I telemark ski and snowboard. The tele skis are awesome for back country travel. And the snowboard can't be beat for deep pow and tight trees.

Sadly my 50 year old knees are starting to give me problems so I don't snow slide as much as I used to. The snowboard is a lot more forgiving on the knees than the telemark skis.

For exercise I like to scoot around on cross country skis.

Never tried alpine gear.
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

"Don't believe everything you think..."
ChewyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.