Skatboarders / Longboarders unite! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Skatboarders / Longboarders unite!

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Skatboarders / Longboarders unite!

Anyone else skate?

Scram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Lpat
1984 CJ7 

I longboard occasionally. ran out of time to do it as much as I used to
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
JBTJ
Web Wheeler
2001 TJ Wrangler 

In my younger years about 1975 thru 1985 did everyday. I still do some these days and I get some weird looks and thumbs up from people. Probably thinking that old man is going to break himself. One of my favorite boards was the Logan Earth Ski with Gull Wing trucks and Kryptonic wheels, though I had many of them. Spent most of my time at Kona Skateboard Park in Jacksonville Fla. I miss being younger and those days.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

32 here so not doing anything crazy anymore. Just trying to get back into it. I used to skate street and now trying long boarding....with very little very mild downhill grade. No bombing....
Mostly just riding.......
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
CaptLeeB
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Some cruising on the Sector 9 longboard, no hills here but I like to get out and carve the neighborhood sometimes. Skated Kona a good bit when I was younger.
CaptLeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #6
JBTJ
Web Wheeler
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLeeB View Post
Some cruising on the Sector 9 longboard, no hills here but I like to get out and carve the neighborhood sometimes. Skated Kona a good bit when I was younger.
How is it now? I started skating there shortly after it opened. Heard it's really big.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Been out skating with the wife and a few friends....thinking a new board is coming soon.

Santa Cruz screaming hand deck with some Paris or independent trucks....
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I love longboarding. I ride a gravity 57" board. Gotten up to about 35mph then crashed hard. Didn't help I was holding into my buddies van lol. A loaded board of some kind will be my next board.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The board I've been borrowing is a Loaded Flex 1 Dervish with Paris trucks....not sure what wheels but on the softer side. I'm not into high speed, just cruising and a few mild declines.
By buddies have the gloves and many different boards, they can do some pretty cool stuff.
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
FuturePrimitive

I started skating when I was about 11 or 12 years old, I'm 40 now (yea, 4****ing0) and still skate when I can. I will never hang up my board, no sport, physical activity or hobby has ever come close to giving me the joy, passion and outlet for individual expression that skateboarding has. Not snowboarding or mountain biking, and certainly not "grown up" sports like running or golf, nothing. Now, that said, maybe it's a regional thing, maybe it's an age thing [GetOffMyLawn] but every time I see a hipster ******kid on a long board I just want to slap him upside his stupid poser head. [/GetOffMyLawn] I hope it's just a local thing and not representative of the scene as a whole but 90% of the time these kids are carrying their boards. srsly?!
FuturePrimitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
How is it now? I started skating there shortly after it opened. Heard it's really big.
Its gotten quite big.
Few years back when I used to skate I used to go there all the time. Fun place. Was never really good at all the tricks and **** so I just carved up the bowls.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #12
harcoredneck

use to do long distance longboarding for awhile till i got my xj and my license, now i just go to local slide jams for fun
harcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #13
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Longboard pro tip:

Everyone on campus hates you.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon View Post
Longboard pro tip:

Everyone on campus hates you.
All of this.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #15
TJNINJA04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I used to skate when i was younger but now i longboard nearly everyday!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.