Replacing my utility/survival blade - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Replacing my utility/survival blade

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 09-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #16
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816 View Post
I own a Buck fixed blade that I've had for almost 12 years. Great knife and holds it's edge well. I carry a Cutco Fisherman filet knife when fishing. My Leatherman Wave multitool has been around almost as long as the Buck knife. I bought a Kabar for my buddy on his b-day last year (he was in the Marines. It's an AWESOME blade!! It will be my next purchase along with a Woodsman Pal to add to my hunting/hiking gear.
I was just given my first Buck knife a couple months ago. If you guys haven't used a Hoodlum, its a great blade. I carry a Kershaw folder on my belt every day and it has been one of the best knives I have owned. The spring assist makes tackling tasks one handed a breeze. Also I have a thing for tanto blades, thy just are more utilitarian than a clip point in my business. I had an automatic gerber that was passed out by the army and I loved it until it disappeared. I still have my army kabar (yes the army had one too) but I went with a kydex sheath for it over the leather jobber. I own about a dozen blades and they all serve a purpose different from one another. And no, none of them are samurai swords or crazy zombie decapitation knives or anything like that.

Unread 09-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #17
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
I was just given my first Buck knife a couple months ago. If you guys haven't used a Hoodlum, its a great blade. I carry a Kershaw folder on my belt every day and it has been one of the best knives I have owned. The spring assist makes tackling tasks one handed a breeze. Also I have a thing for tanto blades, thy just are more utilitarian than a clip point in my business. I had an automatic gerber that was passed out by the army and I loved it until it disappeared. I still have my army kabar (yes the army had one too) but I went with a kydex sheath for it over the leather jobber. I own about a dozen blades and they all serve a purpose different from one another. And no, none of them are samurai swords or crazy zombie decapitation knives or anything like that.
I have one of those... Got it as a Christmas gift lol... It rides strapped to the rollbar as a machete for clearing brush from construction sites.

I looked at the hoodlum, but it seemed too long in the photos I've seen. I'm trying to keep the total length around 10". Any longer and it becomes burdensome and I'll end up leaving it at home.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.