Rack Mounted Solar Shower - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Rack Mounted Solar Shower

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer PurchaseFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
eagleray

Rack Mounted Solar Shower

I ran into this shower while googling solar shower. This is a cool idea and I backed it on kickstarter. It is a rack mounted solar shower...mounts to any rack. Just google Road shower, and you can find it.

Here is what the site says: "With the Road Shower you can have pressurized water wherever you go. It will heat the water while you drive and will be ready to give you a high pressure hot shower at the end of the day. Hot or cold, the Road Shower has many uses from the camp hose for dishes, gear, pets, or for extra drinking water. "

e3d26b4799223b48e98e473647287770_large.jpg

eagleray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
DEPartsnPieces
2008 MK Patriot 

Cool idea but I would sacrifice some of the engineering and looks for something a little cheaper.

I've thought about taking a large inner tube and attaching a hose to it for filling and then gravity flow to get it back out. Throw it up on the roof once we get to camp and let it soak up the sun all day it would surely be good for doing some dishes. Only question would be how much heat is lost over night so it would be good enough in the morning?
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
Indy

Thats a piece of pvc painted black with a hose on the end. $10.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.