paintball? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > paintball?

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitLong Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off Road

Unread 02-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #31
signal34

Pro scenario baller here checking in. I also dabble in amateur speedball, and rec-ball. Been playing about 8 years. Lately I've been loving rec-ball on the field on base. Lots of Marines and trainees to smash on

Unread 02-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #32
harcoredneck

Impact playing PSP Events
harcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #33
bmxer0122
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I wonder why all these teams are dropping out of the NPPL, I personally like the PSP format better anyway but its weird that a lot of teams are dropping out
bmxer0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
harcoredneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer0122 View Post
I wonder why all these teams are dropping out of the NPPL, I personally like the PSP format better anyway but its weird that a lot of teams are dropping out
i've been hearing its the way the league is run and that there are some former dynasty players working for the NPPL which may lead to one of the reasons why dynasty got a way with a bunch of crap
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #35
sandfreestyle
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer0122 View Post
Personally I look at what the prize package is and the number of games per entry you get. Pro teams it doesn't really matter but the lower divisions it does. Now in NPPL you are lucky if you can get your entry fee back and that's it. You can't even get the money from paint, travel, logging, food, etc. if you get first place; PSP on the other had you can. Plus PSP gives you more guaranteed games for the entry cost. Say you are playing Race to 4 you get about 4-5 matches, even if you lose every point you still get 16-20 games vs a guaranteed 10 max in NPPL. Entry fees are pretty close to each other but getting a guaranteed 6 games more is a big difference.

Now look at who runs the NPPL. They are players of teams and they are the ones who hire the staff and refs for the events. It was said that when Avalanche won IIRC Chicago last year, they got there because Frank Conell told some refs that if they made a questionable call on his team they would be fired and not be paid, or something along those lines. He used is "power" to intimidate the refs and swayed the outcome of the event. Now is that completely accurate? I don't know, it was just something that was going around.

NPPL has no way of stopping people from sandbagging either. They use their own registration system and only count points for their events. You could play in the Pro division for years in PSP but if you have never played NPPL then you could technically play D4 because you have no points in their system. It happens at every NPPL event, D1 or D2 players/teams in PSP play D3 or D4 in NPPL more then the allowed higher ranked players per team rule.
04 WJ V8 HO, 545rfe w/ shift kit, NP231HD w/ SS SYE, TW drive shafts, 4" RCX, 255/75/17 moabs, 55w HID projectors, Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler, Superchips, bored TB, HD Tie rod and Drag Link, IRO Steering Equalizer, Dual steering stabalizers, Homemade Sliders, 4 Hella FF75 55w HID Light bar...

“The corpse’s crimson bitter tears flow and mingle through the endless sand feeding the chaos in me and making me stronger”
sandfreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #36
bmxer0122
1987 YJ Wrangler 

^ That makes a lot more sense. I always liked the PSP format anyhow because it is more enjoyable to watch and I feel like the players go harder because you can have multiple points to win, but never played competitively so who knows(aside from local stuff)
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #37
harcoredneck

just confirmed with the PSP, the MAO this year is May 3-5 at OXCC, looks like Phoenix is in august this year
Unread 03-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #38
madness25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i played some scenario woodsball for about 4 weeks before i left for deployment. first time ever playing. picked up a used tippman 98 off craigslist. planning on upgrading to a etek 4 in the summer when i get back.
madness25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #39
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

heres a pic of my normal group...
http://

hard to see but im the guy far right with my mask on. don't like being in pics..
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #40
spawnofsatan
1990 YJ Wrangler 

My friends got me into it been going every Sat. or Sunday.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #41
sandfreestyle
2004 WJ 

Did anyone watch or go to the PSP Dallas Open this past weekend?
04 WJ V8 HO, 545rfe w/ shift kit, NP231HD w/ SS SYE, TW drive shafts, 4" RCX, 255/75/17 moabs, 55w HID projectors, Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler, Superchips, bored TB, HD Tie rod and Drag Link, IRO Steering Equalizer, Dual steering stabalizers, Homemade Sliders, 4 Hella FF75 55w HID Light bar...

“The corpse’s crimson bitter tears flow and mingle through the endless sand feeding the chaos in me and making me stronger”
sandfreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #42
spawnofsatan
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfreestyle View Post
Did anyone watch or go to the PSP Dallas Open this past weekend?

No but watch the live feed awesome games are you one of the Infamous
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #43
bmxer0122
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Watched the webcast here and there, there were some great matches!
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #44
spawnofsatan
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone still play not prof. but woodsball and some speedball.
Unread 03-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #45
harcoredneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Anyone still play not prof. but woodsball and some speedball.
speedball with my friends d3/4 team

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.