Let's talk camping - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
I prefer simple.

I use a tarp 3 of 4 seasons and a tent only em when it gets really cold. I've got a trunk that fits in the back if the jeep that carries all the cooking, shelter and sleeping gear (except the sleeping bags themselves) for the wife and i. They only get broken out in extreme cold too. Most of the time it's a pair of wool blankets. They're cheap, rugged and warm.

Cooking is in a cast iron Dutch oven and skillet. Nothing beats cast iron at home or in the woods.

Sent from my TJ

A tent here is a must have. If you don't have one chances are you'll wake up covered in mosquito bites, a snake in your sleeping bag, or you'll be soaking wet by the time you wake up.

04 TJ- Short Bus. It's got some stuff.

Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 08-07-2013, 02:27 PM
wbrushv

I'm a true believer in the versatility of hammock camping. Plus you can hang them between two jeeps if you can't find suitable trees!
Name:  image-942992276.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  238.5 KB
post #18 of 23 Old 09-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Vixen
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ya'll forgot the most important of camping supplies.
MARSHMALLOWS! I don't care how old I am I want marshmallows.

Preparing for the Zombie invasion!
post #19 of 23 Old 09-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Richard_
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm getting back to the basics , picked up these 2 today , I have a 3 burner camp chef , and it's to big to lug around , I love the versatility of the white gas stove
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
post #20 of 23 Old 09-11-2015, 08:24 PM
TJJP77

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_ View Post
I love the versatility of the white gas stove
I just came back from a camping trip over labor day weekend and my coleman white gas stove and lantern served me well. That lantern was like a beacon in the night compared to everyone else's pathetic LED lanterns.

I grew up in Colorado and my Dad always packed his coleman white gas stove even though our Apache popup had a propane stove in it. I recall distinctly that the propane stove struggled to get the percolator going at high altitude, but the coleman made pretty quick work of brewing coffee.

Chris
'02 Sahara
'06 Rubicon Unlimited
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
post #21 of 23 Old 09-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Richard_
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm sitting in my back yard enjoying the light from my white gas lantern
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
post #22 of 23 Old 09-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I am either going tent, sleeping bag, cot, appropriate clothes, flashlight, water and MREs or like this:

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd
post #23 of 23 Old 10-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Slobert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a picture from my spring trip to Nevada this past spring. This is at Bog Hot Springs. I enjoy a wide range of camping. At the top tier we have a travel trailer which is more like a portable cabin experience. At the other end of the spectrum I am leaving tomorrow for a 4 day canoe camping trip in Oregon. I also do a week or two each year camping from a motorcycle with my dad. In the middle is jeep camping. For the motorcycle I am using all backpacking type equipment to keep it small and light. It is incredible the gear you can get today, including my REI chair that is the size of a thermos when packed up but sturdy enough for my big butt. When Jeep camping I still use my back packing type stuff, but supplement with some stuff like a bigger cooler, bigger chair and maybe the full sized stove instead of the backpacking stove. Some of the brands I like are MSR, Big Agnes, North Face, REI, Marmot etc etc. One of the best purchases I made was a Helinox Cot One super compact backpacking Cot that is very sturdy and comfortable. No more messing with leaking un comfortable air pads. Any ways. I love camping in all of its forms and half the fun is playing with all the really cool gear that goes with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.