Knife Recommendations - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Knife Recommendations

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #16
nwiTJdave

Check out http://www.ironsightstore.com for a custom sheath.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #17
MountainMike426

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiLongSox View Post
esee knives and ontario knife company check them out at smkw.com they have tons of options you'll find what you're looking for. Ontario makes the knives for ESEE but they are all made in the USA.
X2 on the Ontario knives. I have their RD6 and it is amazing. The sheath is a little ill-fitting but you can make your own fitted Kydex one for around $20. I also have the Boker Magnum Desert Warrior that I got new for $40. It's a much better knife than I expected for $40. It came with a pretty nice leg sheath as well. I put both through a rigorous torture test and both held up very well. I also have a Browning Point Blank that is smaller and lighter than the others. It's a 5.5 or 6'' blade but is also a good option. It was twice the price of the Boker though. Hope this helps...if you're even still looking.
MountainMike426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #18
nwiTJdave

Grayman ftw

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #19
1911fish
2006 TJ Wrangler 

check out bark river knives. many models to chose from and extremely well made
1911fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #20
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Benchmade
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #21
Fourtrax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not to be a prick. But why would someone bring a knife to a gun fight? Buy a concealable .380 or 9mm and carry it in your pocket it offers much better protection and you don't need to get as up close and personnel with your attacker.
Fourtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #22
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

1. Because you cant legally carry in a place that serves alcohol.
2. Knives are use for many other things too.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #23
Fourtrax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfrog
1. Because you cant legally carry in a place that serves alcohol. 2. Knives are use for many other things too.
1. Says who? And in what state?
2. You are very correct. I like knives to I just would not make concealed carry a priority because it's just a knife. There are no laws that say you can't have or carry a knife.
Unread 07-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #24
cojab

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourtrax
1. Says who? And in what state? 2. You are very correct. I like knives to I just would not make concealed carry a priority because it's just a knife. There are no laws that say you can't have or carry a knife.
Yes there are laws about carrying knives. Such as here in Colorado, as I recall you cant have a knife over 3 /2" concealed. You also cant have one on an airplane etc. Also there are many places you are not allowed to carry a concealed weapon where there is alcohol being served. (A bar) Colorado again, is one of them. In fact, i am only aware of one state that I "heard" allows CCW in bars.
I'm all for shall issue CCW's but not mixing that and alcohol is just common sense IMO.
cojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #25
Fourtrax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well I guess if you drink heavily it may be of concern. How does that Amex commercial go?never leave home with out it! That is the philosophy I live by. By the way Colorado lost all respect when they decided to legalize marihuana. **** even respectable companies are leaving that liberal **** hole. I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.
Unread 07-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #26
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojab View Post
Yes there are laws about carrying knives. Such as here in Colorado, as I recall you cant have a knife over 3 /2" concealed. You also cant have one on an airplane etc. Also there are many places you are not allowed to carry a concealed weapon where there is alcohol being served. (A bar) Colorado again, is one of them. In fact, i am only aware of one state that I "heard" allows CCW in bars.
I'm all for shall issue CCW's but not mixing that and alcohol is just common sense IMO.
In Ohio you can now conceal carry with a CCW in bars and drinking establishments as long as you yourself are not drinking.

For a survival knife recommendation, I have the Gerber Prodigy and like it a lot. I keep it strapped to the outside of my daypack/Camelbak when hiking and mountain biking.

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-22-4112...gerber+prodigy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pMoh1wBKk&NR=1

Yellow Jeep Club member #734
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #27
cojab

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourtrax
Well I guess if you drink heavily it may be of concern. How does that Amex commercial go?never leave home with out it! That is the philosophy I live by. By the way Colorado lost all respect when they decided to legalize marihuana. **** even respectable companies are leaving that liberal **** hole. I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.
I understand the frustration with Colorado. Just remember, not everyone there supports the liberal crap coming out of our big cities.
I have been very upset with many of the things happening in my adopted home state.
cojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #28
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Why do people feel the need to carry weapons to defend themselves? If they are scared enough to need a gun to go there, then why are they there at all. That feeling people get is common sense telling you dont go there, well some people get.

A knife can be seen as a weapon and/or a tool, matter of the method in which it is used.
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #29
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Xk View Post
Why do people feel the need to carry weapons to defend themselves? If they are scared enough to need a gun to go there, then why are they there at all. That feeling people get is common sense telling you dont go there, well some people get.

A knife can be seen as a weapon and/or a tool, matter of the method in which it is used.
Why? Because there always has been and there always will be 'bad guys' with weapons... and they can be anywhere at anytime.

I'm a woman and I like to hike and mountain bike alone. I enjoy it very much have every right to do this. Imagine what it's like being a lone woman hiking in the woods and come across one or more men hiking the same trail towards you. What about the jogger in Michigan this past weekend that was attacked and killed by two dogs as he simply jogged down the street? **** happens... that's why people feel the need to carry a weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pMoh1wBKk&NR=1

Yellow Jeep Club member #734
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #30
Fourtrax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I and any other red blooded American can and shall if they wish carry a weapon simply because the greatest document the world has ever known (The Constitution) says we can. Thats why.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.