Jeep Dogs - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Jeep Dogs

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 02-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #76
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thats very cool. Our next step is TDI. Right now we take him to nursing homes that don't require the TDI certification.

It's just a time thing for us. We got this far and ran out of time. I think he can be ready to pass the TDI tests in a fairly short time.

Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #77
moore14
2006 LJ Wrangler 

pretty sure they have to be at least 2 years old for TDI?
moore14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #78
Gina
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Buster my border collie, about a year old. Could be some kind of mix, got him from the shelter as a puppy..
As a baby..

a recent embarassing pic...(he was starting to get one of those "hot spots", yuck)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #79
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

TDI just requires them to be one year old.

Jack just turned two, hopefully this year we will get it done.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #80
3Rotts
1985 CJ7 

I got into schutzhund about 8 years ago. Unfortunately my first rotty was not suited for it. The next 2 have been. It is alot of work and very time consuming. Especially the tracking portion. There are harder sports like French Ring and KNPV certification. I would do French Ring but it has pretty much died in the US and therefore very difficult to find a trainer to work with. It requires use of a full bite suit vs. a sleeve only. I looked PSA and there is just to many differences from club to club and no real standards to go off.

I know alot of people that put the CGC on their rotty between 6 months and one year. They do this for their home owners insurance policy. Companies like Nationwide will only allow a rotty or pitbull breed if it has the CGC. I have been talking to them to get them to accept the BH as well. The information has moved up the food chain and everyone has responded back agreeing that it is more difficult than a CGC but HQ has not approved it yet.
3Rotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #81
countryman247
1979 CJ7 

I have a wolf hybrid and she is the best dog ever. She is a rescue a girl beat her and didn't take care of her. I will post a picture soon.
'04 ram 1500 everything else rig
countryman247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:33 AM   #82
MCrock
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Buster my border collie, about a year old. Could be some kind of mix, got him from the shelter as a puppy..
As a baby..

a recent embarassing pic...(he was starting to get one of those "hot spots", yuck)
Border Collie's are the greatest dogs! Mine is about 3.5 and is the healthiest and fastest dog i have ever seen!
Unread 02-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #83
Gina
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I always had GSD's haha, he is quite a speed demon. There is a dirt circle track out in the yard from him running in circles over and over doing his herding thing. The intelligence amazes me sometimes.
Unread 02-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #84
Madrocs
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Utah and ^Madrocs^

Madrocs passed on 10/11/10, it just isnt the same anymore

I got his portrait tat'd last monday, came out awesome. Best of all my tat work
d.jpg   madms.jpg   tat.jpg   tatful.jpg  
Madrocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #85
GEARHED
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bought the 89' Wrangler as a primary DD (Dog Driver). These two are outdoor, stinky and usually wet dogs, I needed something better suited for them.

First time in the Jeep, took awhile to get them hooked in but they were ready to go. Rocko on the Left, Ubu on the right.

Rocko was ready from the minute he jumped in. Suffice to say, this isn't how he gets to ride while the Jeep is in motion. Top down when the weather is nice should be interesting, these two are so friendly they will see another vehicle next to us with an open window and want to go visit.
For the sake of hilarity, Ubu has figured out how to honk the horn in any vehicle. He sits in the drivers seat very attentive and taps the horn about every 10 minutes until we appear, bout' died laughing the day we figured out he was doing it. Its his way of wanting to know where we are and scared the beezbers out of a few people who happened to be walking right in front of the car.
Best anti-theft deterrent I've ever had are these boys
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #86
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrocs View Post
Utah and ^Madrocs^

Madrocs passed on 10/11/10, it just isnt the same anymore
I know your pain man, so hard losing one. I lost in late November after rescuing her in July. I still miss her. I don't think I could get another Bulldog for a while because nothing could compare to her.
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #87
Madrocs
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john304 View Post
I know your pain man, so hard losing one. I lost in late November after rescuing her in July. I still miss her. I don't think I could get another Bulldog for a while because nothing could compare to her.
Thanks man, want another so bad but I might be going on the road for 4 days a week come April(which I hate) and I want to make sure I have the time to train a new one like I had for my first 2. I want a rescue but my wife has a 2,7, 12 yo and I think it maybe to had with the kids. I would not want to responisbilty of a rescue nipping a 2yo, when it wouldnt be the dogs fault. They 2 yo pounds on the weiner dog, which takes. My female rott tolerates to a point but I have to watch still.

Someday so I hope though
Madrocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #88
TrishO
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1preacherman View Post
I have been attacked twice times in the last year by two different pitbulls. Both were extremely friendly, and had strayed into my yard enough that I knew them by name. I have heard over the years that pitbulls have triggers ( a trait common within pitbulls), snap tempers. I breed and work bird dogs, and have a fair understanding of dogs in general.
The first strayed into my yard last summer 6-7 times, he has super sweet. I had returned him to his owner all but the last time, no problems. Then the last time I had him by the collar and was walking him back to my kennel, to keep him until the owner showed up. When I rounded the corner of my house he grabbed me by the arm, I let go on the collar, and he made a break for one of my dogs. My award winning German Shorthair Pointer, GSPs don't fight well, and in seconds he had torn my dog up so badly that there was a three foot circle of blood in my back lawn. With my dog pinned I started kicking the pitbull as hard as I could, which didn't phase him at all.
He finally let go and ran off. My dog barely survived, and the pit was recovered by animal control where he died that night from pucntured lungs (me kicking Him).

The second had been hounding us for several months. He is a little over a year old, one of my neighbors got him at 8 weeks. He tries to fight every dog he sees, and thanksgiving day he attacked me, and chased me into the bed of my Brothers pickup. We had just returned from hunting, and hadn't unloaded our gear. He tried and tried to get into the bed of the truck to get at me. so I took my shotgun and peppered him. He came back last night, and tried to ram his way through my back sliding glass door. Sheriff says he has better things to do than chase dogs.
Moral of the story Pitbull owners please keep them from getting out of your yard, and don't underestimate them. I am sure than can be loving but if they want to hurt you they can, and they give no warning! I have never seen a breed give no warning at all like that, Bipolar.
I am a little late on this post but I wanted to reply since you have gsp's. I grew up with german shorthairs and my parents still own two. I have worked with dogs for the past 13 years and have hounds of my own.

I wanted to tell you the most unpredictable dog I have ever been around has been a german shorthair (my folks most recent addition). They have had him since he was eight weeks old and raised him just as they have the rest.
TrishO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 11:46 PM   #89
1preacherman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I regret mentioning the attacks. I am not a pitbull hater, Yes I understand that there are problem dogs within many breeds. I have been working with a female GSP of late that piddles everytime she eats- while she is eating.
My only point is that it seems as though one of two things is the case...

1.) Either pitbulls are unpredictable
2.) More strays are pitbulls, and that would increase the chances of getting attacked by one.

I know that within breeds there are tons of people that don't understand their dogs, and therefore put there dogs into situations that get the dog in trouble.

I don't blame the breed as much as the people. I appologize that I mentioned it at all on here. Please owners (of all breeds) before you even get the dog if you can. Learn about it, different breed have different standard characteristics. Don't get a dog that you can't handle. Dog aren't a fashion statement, they are an animal bred for a task, and trust me, by and large, they will want to do that task. Whether it be, to follow scents, herd stock, point, or even fight. Get the breed that fit your lifestyle. I have a good friend that has had two wonderful pits in the time that I have known him, but they never are out of his sight.

I am sorry I brought this up.

Ronald Reagan

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]My build Thread[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-whiteout-1008697/[/url]

A proud member of the "Polite Society"; Ask me how to join!
1preacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:07 AM   #90
awkrueger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Let get some more dogs pics rolling in guys! I had to put down my dog Burzum this past friday. I need to see pictures of happy dogs in Jeeps.

R.I.P. - Burzum
awkrueger is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.