Jeep Dogs - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Jeep Dogs

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 12-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #46
1preacherman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have dealt with alot of dogs. Two things are at play, 1. Pitbulls are not predictable (most dogs give lots of warning) 2. Dogs (any breed) should be kept in their yards. The cops don't bother me, as long as they don't give me trouble when I kill it dead.

Ronald Reagan

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]My build Thread[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-whiteout-1008697/[/url]

A proud member of the "Polite Society"; Ask me how to join!
1preacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #47
jmmorgan82

1preacherman: Not to sound like a jerk, but this is a show us your Jeep dogs thread, not a pitbull-bashing thread. Please save those comments for some PETA board or a Fox News story. Thanks.
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 05:15 AM   #48
1preacherman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not to sound like a jerk, but look at the first post! This is a thread I started. I am not bashing pitbulls in the slightest, I merely believe that they are bred for a specific purpose and those that think that they are harmless sweet little things are going to hurt people.
People all too often misuse dogs. Dogs are purpose built, much like you build your jeep to a certain terrain. I have seen this done in many breeds of dogs, and every time the dog doesn't behave well. I am in no way trying to bash pits, I am just saying REMEMBER WHAT THEY ARE BREED FOR! And don't misuse them.

Ronald Reagan

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]My build Thread[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-whiteout-1008697/[/url]

A proud member of the "Polite Society"; Ask me how to join!
1preacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #49
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

First time out with my dog. its the blue/grey coat. He loved every minute if it.

LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #50
WKBoston
2006 WK 

This is Bia, american bulldog. Here she is as a puppy

she is almost 2 and about 85 pounds

WKBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #51
Nickell80
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I posted a picture or 2 of her somewhere on here before.
Alie, our 4y/o American Bulldog. Last time she was weighed was when she got fixed about 3 or so years ago and she weighed 100lbs, much bigger now though.
And she can break that leash thing like nothing we found out. Haha

and sorry for the size, I don't feel like resizing right now.
1130091317.jpg   dscn0052-2-.jpg   dscn0053-2-.jpg  
Unread 02-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #52
WKBoston
2006 WK 

She is a tank, I know I saw your pictures awhile back..she has great colors. Not sure if you have alot of american bulldogs around you but I have only met a handful of people around here. How does Allie deal with the heat in Arizona?
Unread 02-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #53
Nickell80
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKBoston View Post
She is a tank, I know I saw your pictures awhile back..she has great colors. Not sure if you have alot of american bulldogs around you but I have only met a handful of people around here. How does Allie deal with the heat in Arizona?
Thanks man.
I think we have only seen one other apart from the dogs that were at the breeder since we got her and her brother Tyson (RIP, hip dysplasia and had to be put down). She does great in the heat as long as there is a hose near by to cool her down some; she is not one for the cold though, unless she wants to run she would rather stay inside.

It sucks for me though because I moved up to Tucson and she is still down in Sierra Vista with my parents so I never get to see her.
I want another dog soo bad that in 6 months when our lease ends, my roommate and I are gonna switch to a downstairs apartment so that we can have a little back yard but I don't think I will be able to wait that long.
I just can't decide what breed I want, I have always loved Rotti's will probably end up getting a <100lb dog for the first time in i don't know how long just because there isn't a ton of room here.

Your Bia I think is the best looking American Bulldog I think I've seen, well maybe almost tied with Alie. Haha
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #54
WKBoston
2006 WK 

Thanks, We really lucked out with her. She is a great dog. Not sure I can get anything but an american bulldog now. That sucks that allie is with your parents.

Rotty's are cool, my brother is looking at getting one. Very loyal and great around kids, but very protective like the american bulldog. Which i think is cool.

I agree with you, I was hoping Bia would be 100+, but I am really happy she isn't now. I think the 85 pounds is perfect, especially when giving her a bath. I have to jump in the tub with her. I am sure you know, the big dogs sometimes get stubborn and lifting a 85 pound dog versus a 100+ into a lifted jeep is a big difference.

Good luck with your choice.
Black WK Club Member #26
Unread 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #55
tankerbutt
2002 WJ 

Here's a few of mine:
Jack

Lex

and "RIP" Tank

tankerbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #56
skeeterbeater
1995 YJ Wrangler 

wkboston & nickel80. my uncle breeds american bull dogs, do yours sit, lay, sleep, and do things that you would think impossible for a dog to do? or a his just short buss riders
Unread 02-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #57
Nickell80
1997 XJ Cherokee 

She is smart, but Alie is really nothing special. Haha. Never really tried training her to do anything other than sit, and she only pretty much only does that when she wants something.
It's actually kind of weird with her because we used to think she was just dumb, but a week or so after her brother died she started acting different and she started just being smarter and understanding things and she actually started liking to play in the water with she hated before.
So she's not quite a short bus rider (most days at least) but doesn't do anything great either.
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #58
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993BlackYJ View Post
Maggie 2yr old English Mastiff 5'5" standing on her hind legs and 150#. I think she has a little more weight to gain.
I have a 14mos old Mastiff. He is kinda behind on his weight a little bit, still 123lbs as we got him weighed this past week. I'll post a pic.
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #59
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

English Mastiff: Samson
This was the night we brought him home. He was bigger the next day.

A couple weeks later

A few months later

And a week or so after Christmas

Andddd, our Boxer, Luci. She's getting old
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #60
MCrock
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Here is my Border Collie - Charlie

He is a wonderful dog.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.