I AR dummy - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > I AR dummy

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #16
FarmerinVA
Just a flatlander

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
What type of weapon are you shooting? 1 MOA is not an unreasonable request.
Rock River Arms, standard A4 rifle length is what they call the upper, which has a heavy profile (not bull) stainless barrel, 20 inch, 1:8 twist. Easily sub 1 MOA with Winchester ballistic Silvertip and Remington core-lokt in 55 and a few others in 62 or below but I haven't found anything over 62 that is an MOA round with this gun. In fairness, this wasn't sold as a match accuracy upper. But if someone has similar experience in a 1:8 and does want to recommend a heavy round, I'd love to hear it. I may be at the limits of what this particular upper can do, which is fine.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ex...hafts-1234745/
FarmerinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #17
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerinVA View Post
Rock River Arms, standard A4 rifle length is what they call the upper, which has a heavy profile (not bull) stainless barrel, 20 inch, 1:8 twist. Easily sub 1 MOA with Winchester ballistic Silvertip and Remington core-lokt in 55 and a few others in 62 or below but I haven't found anything over 62 that is an MOA round with this gun. In fairness, this wasn't sold as a match accuracy upper. But if someone has similar experience in a 1:8 and does want to recommend a heavy round, I'd love to hear it. I may be at the limits of what this particular upper can do, which is fine.
From what I know about those, you are. Still not bad considering what it is.

Reloading to fine tune will be the best option you have. Hodgdon's Varget powder does well from me.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.