Home defense, never bought a gun? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Home defense, never bought a gun?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #46
Saisling

In case nobody noticed, the original post is from back in April. But since the threads still kickin'

I've got a Mossberg 500, but I think if the situation ever arose that I needed to draw against an intruder, I'd go for my XD45. My hallways are narrow... lots of door openings... I think it would be harder to manuver with the shotty vs a handgun??

Saisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 10:37 AM   #47
JKPirate08
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
By warning shot I meant if I didnt see the guy face to face.
It would probably be a better idea for everyone involved that you figure out another method of home security. You obviously have a problem using a firearm for self-defense, and even more obvious that you do not have the proper mindset, nor the training to own a firearm for self-defense. Guns aren't a "magic wand" just racking the slide of your shotgun will not stop a serious determined attacker from doing his business. Warning shots, especially one's fired when you haven't even seen an intruder, are just reckless. Life and death is not a game, nor anything to be taken lightly. If he is in your house YOU ARE IN DANGER, whether he deserves to die for breaking in or not is irrelevant, and HE should have thought of the consequences PRIOR to breaking in. The moment he passed your threshold uninvited, he forfeits all right to life.
JKPirate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #48
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Here is what I keep for home defense. Mossberg 500 12 gauge short barrel with front muzzle light.
Where did you get the forearm with the strap screwed to it? I know the 'tactical' models come with them, but the standard 500 Cruiser I want to get just has the plain forearm.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #49
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

if some guy brakes into MY home, and wants to do ANY harm to ANY of my family, he will end up with 1 of 2 things a big hole in his chest, or missing a LARGE section of his head. this curtesy of my "little big gun"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #50
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Where did you get the forearm with the strap screwed to it? I know the 'tactical' models come with them, but the standard 500 Cruiser I want to get just has the plain forearm.
I think I ordered a tactical version when I picked it up at gandar mountain. I know you can get that specific part thru them.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #51
pioneer
1979 CJ7 

You are not justified in killing someone just because they are in your house. You must reasonably believe that you are in danger of death or serious physical injury to yourself or another person. If you have to shoot, aim for center of mass and keep firing until the person is no longer a threat.
pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #52
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer View Post
You are not justified in killing someone just because they are in your house. You must reasonably believe that you are in danger of death or serious physical injury to yourself or another person. If you have to shoot, aim for center of mass and keep firing until the person is no longer a threat.
This varies state-to-state of course. In states with the castle doctrine, you can basically shoot anyone who you feel is threatening you in your home, on your property, in your vehicle, or in your workplace.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #53
pioneer
1979 CJ7 

Yes, the castle doctrine says that you do not have to retreat in your own home. You still must be fearful of harm. You still must be justified in using deadly force.
pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #54
.45slinger
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Someone who illegally enters your home while it is occupied, is not selling insurance or vacuum cleaners; they are a threat to you, whether you see a weapon or not!

Posted via PCLinuxOS 2012
.45slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #55
woodsman58
2003 TJ Wrangler 

As I said shot to kill never wound!!!!!!!!!!
If they cant walk and talk .....
They or there family can't touch you.
My Life was in danger they where in my home and now they are dead end of story. Floridas Law and I will use it to the fullest.

Don't miss with me or my family YOUWILL DIE.....

Don't want to kill you BUT I WILL MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT>>>>>
woodsman58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #56
woodsman58
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFA Fun
ScotZ...its 12". It is a registered Short Barreled Shotgun. mg2000, that is the one. If you ever wanted to take it hunting or int he field, it should come with a plug in the tube to limit the capacity.

12" is not legal, can't be shorter then 18"
woodsman58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #57
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman58 View Post
It's not illegal, it's just illegal unless you hold a class3 tax stamp. No different than a short barrel rifle, supressor, or fully automatic weapon.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #58
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Wow you tell him that 5 years later. And your wrong just need a class 3 stamp to own an SBR

Sent from my XT881freeze ray gun using JeepForum
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #59
jondoe297
2004 WJ 

Quote:
As has already been pointed out, it is perfectly legal if the individual has gone through the process of completing the proper NFA (National Firearms Act) paperwork, and paying the appropriate tax to the BATFE.
jondoe297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #60
jondoe297
2004 WJ 

Quote:
As I said shot to kill never wound!!!!!!!!!!
If they cant walk and talk .....
They or there family can't touch you.
My Life was in danger they where in my home and now they are dead end of story. Floridas Law and I will use it to the fullest.

Don't miss with me or my family YOUWILL DIE.....

Don't want to kill you BUT I WILL MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT>>>>>
Ignore this guy.
jondoe297 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.